(CSToA) Touch of the Abyss [IC]

Redclaw

First Post
Errol raises an eyebrow at Slisik's bluster, but doesn't voice any disagreement. He carefully studies the reaction of the Marchioness' representative.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

Like Errol, Tesla and Arcs quitely stay in the background, content letting others in her group take the lead. Besides she is not much a spokes person anyways.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The big man brings his open hand up to his forehead as if a headache hit him. "Dragon's teeth? Now, adventurer sounds naive, but calling yourself by that name sounds a bit presumptuous. You might end up drawing some unwanted attention to yourself from the scaly kind that way. They like to make trophies of 'adventurers' just as much as we like to make weapons and armor out of their skin."

He draws his hand back down and reaches into a belt pouch. He pulls out a silver thread attached to a small pocketwatch. The miniscule clockwork piece looks to be at least a little valuable. He opens the face on one side and looks in.

A voice sounds from the other side, it's that of a woman with a hinterlands accent.

"Yes, I got it all. Take them into the grand hall and have them take seats. I'll be down soon."

The big man thumbs the watch closed and puts it back into his belt. "That was the Marchioness. It looks like you have an appointment with her. I won't keep you. Mr. Skarrald, please take these guests into the grand hall and let them choose a few seats. The Marchioness will be down shortly. I have other business to attend to."

The big man watches and seems to be taking count of minutia about the group. He does this opennly, not trying to avert his eyes as he seems to count off any visible signs of equipment that anyone has.

"Be careful around the Marchioness. She's not just a noblewoman, she grew up in harsh surroundings. She's not afraid to do whatever is necessary. If you ever want to trade 'adventuring' stories, just ask any of the guards in the city. My name is Frush O'Sugil, Captain-General of the Watch."

The door guard looks at the group with an irritated scowl, though he seems ready to show you in once you give a sign.

"The Marchioness does not allow weapons in the grand hall, so the knives and the sword are going to have to wait in the recieving hall."

Redclaw

First Post
Errol tries to keep the look of startlement off his face as the voice emerges from the watch. He smiles confidently as O'Sugil eyes his weaponry, doing his best to show it off without performing any threatening gestures. I'm sure your stories would make ours look even more naive, Captain-General. Mayhap, however, we can earn another one or two in helping to fix some of the problems your city is facing.

At the guard's declaration, he removes his kukri and greatsword with a slight flourish, laying them on on whatever table he finds in the receiving hall. He nods at the guard and adds his crossbow to the pile.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The table inside is oval in shape with 12 seats. The one at 12 being the largest. All others are the same. As you move into the room each character needs to tell me where they sit, if they sit at all. Just giving me a clock facing (12, 1, 2, 3, etc.) will do.

Dekana

Explorer
Slisik lets out a slight hiss as he lays his weapons down. First his longbow, then his scimitar, then finally his enormous greatsword. He follows Errol into the room, and sits close to him. (7 o clock)

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

Telsa follows the groups lead and places her only weapon among the pile and then heads into the room with her loyal compainion hovering right beside her. This should be interesting she thinks to herself as she takes a seat along side her friends.

Seat #:9

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Nephtys is out of town, so I'll roll. 3.

After a few minutes 8 women appear, each wearing a different colored gown. While the dresses are not particularly similar, they all have the distinct feature of being designed to conceal the appearance of the person behind the outfit. They descend the stairs from the balcony above and come down to sit at the table.

attachment.php

The figures are not particularly uniform beyond the clothing they wear. The woman in black is very heavy-set, while the woman in pink is clearly very thin. The woman in blue and the woman in red both have long red hair that is visible past their gowns. The woman in purple has the scent of lilac, and the woman in orange smells of fresh bread. The woman in light green has visibly dark skin.

The first to talk is the woman in dark green. She has an unfamiliar accent. "Forgive our precautions, but we do not trust you. While we do not wish to mislead you, we have taken the time to conceal the true identity of the Marchioness Emondav."

"So, you are the dragonslayers and travelers who passed through our gates the previous day, correct? And you stayed the night at one of the local taverns frequented by some of the more surly members of the city watch?"

"If this is correct, then what have you come to Istivin for?"

Attachments

• Untitled0.gif
    Untitled0.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 123

Redclaw

First Post
Errol listense carefully, hoping to match one voice/accent to the one that came from O'Sugil's watch. If any of the three that spoke fit that voice, he'll look directly at that one, otherwise he'll look calmly across the table at the woman in black as he says, We came to Istvin for the same reason we go anywhere, to find new opportunities to improve our finances and our abilities. We are seekers of adventure and wealth.

Since arriving in your city we have been led to believe that you might be of some assistance to us in that pursuit, while we might be of some assistance to you in the process.

Remove ads