• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSToA) Touch of the Abyss [IC]

Redclaw

First Post
Errol's gaze drips with venom, and his voice could chill a fire elemental as he responds. Interesting, even as you hire us to do your dirty work for you you threaten us and curse our weapons to ensure that we will never actually be your allies. It is rather ingenious, but realize that this insult puts you greatly in our debt as far as we're concerned. You had better hope that these dungeons provide enough reward to make it up to us. Or that we never emerge from them.

Dekana

Explorer
Slisik thinks about the situation briefly, and then says "I can look past this outrage for now. If my companions are in agreement, we will find the information about these dark elves. But we do not need our weapons to draw blood. If on our return, we find ourselves betrayed again - no curse will stop us from seeking revenge."

Creamsteak

Explorer
The women get up, fairly simultaneously. The woman in red is the last to stand. The woman in black is the first. They each make their way up the stairs to the room they came from, exposing their backs momentarily.

Supposing nobody comes to blows and you leave, you'll find your weapons in a well ordered setup just outside of the room. It seems someone did at least touch them, moving them to fixed positions, but they all look fine.

A small goblin female comes up towards the group as they exit. She's dressed in black leather, from the neck down. A number of buckles, pouches, pockets, and straps cover her armor and clothing. It looks like she could have any number of hidden blades or tools, and her full suit must take an hour to ratchet, button, and snap into place. "Are you the dragon thieves? I'm Jesme, I was told to help you in whatever you need. I'm not usually prone to this kind of work, but they tricked me into it. I was told that you might need to get into the dungeons sometime? If that's the case, you can count on me."

She seems honest, dull, and a bit disheartened. She has a rough appearance, but for a goblin she's in better shape than most.

Dekana

Explorer
Slisik

"The Lady said we had permission to go into the dungeon. What do we need a goblin for?" Slisik doesn't try hiding his disdain for the creature; some distant event in the lizard's past makes him want to cleave her in two. Patience Slisik, wait until we're done with our mission.

Nephtys

First Post
Veris takes the Marichioness' duplicitousness in stride. It was no more than she had expected, and in all likelyhood considerably less. All the noblewoman needed was for them to believe that one of their weapons had been trapped and a permanent spell or three would cost a lot more than a simple lie. Either way, she did not even have a weapon to lose, so to her the threat was doubly empty.
--

"And you're very welcome to join our merry band of heroes," Veris smiles toothily and tousels the Goblin's hair. "I for one don't mind sharing the point position with another target."She continues faking sincerity, "Maybe we can even help you settle your debt with the Marchionnes, and her dept with you... But let's discuss that elsewhere."

Dekana

Explorer
Slisik

Slisik seems a bit more accepting after Tesla has spoken. "I suppose lockpicking skills would come in handy. I'm not sure about the rest of us, but my skill in disarming traps is... somewhat minimal."
He then turns toward the leather-clad goblin. "Does the goblin have a name? And does she expect payment?"

ooc: how do I keep missing key details in CS's posts like that, lol. I need to work on my reading skills...

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Jesme. Pay depends on the circumstance. I've already been offered a reward, but if there's a lot of treasure, I won't be walking away empty handed. How does your little group operate?"

Remove ads