(CSToA) Touch of the Abyss [IC]

Dekana

Explorer
Slisik scratches the top of his restless animal companion's head and says "Agreed. It's time to earn our pay. Let's find Jesme and get back into the dungeon. [if she wasn't relaxing with us anyway]"

Creamsteak

Explorer
When you do manage to find Jesme, and it is a bit difficult, she offers to help, but she wants her share of your loot. "I'm not stupid. That crazy shadow demon controlling count guy gave you some kind of reward. If you want me to work with you, you'll cut me my fair share."

Dekana

Explorer
Although loathe to help a goblin in any way, Slisik isn't one to betray those who fought bravely on his side. Besides, the group is going to need the rogue considering all the traps they've already seen in the dungeon. "You mean no one gave Ms. Goblin her share yet? Hah, why didn't she say anything?" Slisik retrieves the bag of magical rings from whoever is carrying it, then opens it in front of Jesme. "Yes, the 'count guy' gave us these magic rings. They increase one aspect of you at the expense of another. For instance, you could become quicker but less healthy with this one [silver ring]. Pick out any one you'd like."

Creamsteak

Explorer
The goblin eyes the small sacks contents. She reaches in with one hand and grabs two rings to look at, the silver and the electrum. "I like the both of them. I'll take one now, and one as a down payment for future services till we get more."

Redclaw

First Post
Ah, ah, ah, little one, that was not our agreement. Even giving you one of the five is twice the rate we agreed upon, and there was never any talk of downpayment, Errol smiles wolfishly at the goblin lass. He doesn't exactly try to intimidate her, but he definitely doesn't work to make himself shorter. Besides, the silver ring already sits on my finger.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The goblin looks around expectantly.

"Oh really? So you want to leave me with whatever's leftover. I see how this arrangement is. Give me the leftovers then, but I want both of them. You all had first picks apparently anyway."

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

"So be it. And know that if there is more to be found within the depths of the dungeon, you have no picks." States the mind mage in an ice cold tone. "That is unless you wish to have a stack in those findings. In that case you get only 'one' ring. Your choice."

Dekana

Explorer
"As I recall, the agreement for Jesme was 10%. If the goblin wants 40% of the rings now, it's only fair she misses out on the next batch of treasure that we find."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"What are you talking about, forty? A piece of platinum is worth ten of gold, ten of gold is worth ten of silver, and ten of silver is worth ten of copper? Isn't that the way most people figure things? I'm the one walking away short-changed!"

Jesme seems completely confident in her statement.

"And do you really want your one way back out through that door to be the one feeling slighted, eh?"

Redclaw

First Post
Have you truly lived this long with no knowledge of enchantments, little one? Errol asks, the edge of his voice no less sharp than that of his kukri. The rings' material is nothing compared to their magic, as you should well know. Each is roughly equivalent in that, and thus in price. Take one and be happy with getting double your agreed share, or take both, and have no stake in our next significant find. Threats will end your association with us here and now, with you walking away empty-handed. He doesn't draw his blades, but the gentle glide of his hand across the table is clear reminder that he could do so in an instant.

Remove ads