(CSToA) Touch of the Abyss [IC]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Telsa & Arcs

"If you were them, would you be so willing to trust us?" Replies Telsa with a smirk. Tesla and Arcs then retire for the evening. Come the next morning she meets her fellow colleages at a quite table in the back of the tavern over a warm meal.

OOC: So whats the plan for the rings, for our next move in the quest and do we want to find a replacement player?

Redclaw

First Post
OOC: Honestly, I'm not sure that Errol wants to wear any of them. The feats are interesting, but not anything he is missing, and negative effects are equal to the positives. He'll still carry one, as his share of the prize, but he's fine with whichever the others don't want.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The guests at the inn seem more than eager to great you after your trip. There are a few more faces here than before... some of them seeming a bit out of place. A pair of elves sit at the far eastern corner of the tavern. They have an unusually hardened and stark look on their faces, for elves, and they seem to glance around the room, more paranoid than curious.

The rest of the company here seems to be minding their usual business, bragging, showboating, and otherwise making a good time of their hard earned coin. The twins are still here, glad as ever to see you again.

Dekana

Explorer
Sensing the hesitation of his friends, Slisik readily takes the gold ring. He puts it on and instantly feels stronger - and stupider. But this is a trade Slisik is willing to accept: after all, steel is stronger than flesh!

He takes a seat in the mess hall of the inn and says to his comrades, "Unless there is some great hurry to find the Marchioness, let us rest and recover for another day or two at least. I am still feeling weaker than normal from those shadow touches." Slisik orders up a plate of roast meat there is, and he eats it piping hot.

Redclaw

First Post
Seeing the others so anxious to take the rings of mixed-blessings, Errol overcomes his hesitations and accepts the slight loss of vitality for increased speed offered by the silver ring.

I agree. I think we are much more likely to succeed in our mission if we are properly prepared. There's no sense getting more folk lost in those dungeons, especially if those folk are us. He leans back and finally allows himself to relax, happy to have a big mug of ale to help him forget the horrors of the past day.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

Yes, rest will do all of us some good.” Says Tesla as she nods in her head agreement and then says, “Hopefully none of the dungeons secrets go walking off during the mean time.” She joins her fellow comrades in dinning on a fine meal and wine.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The three remaining adventurers rest at the inn for three days, ignoring any questions, pokes, or prods to force them to do anything. After their time is spent, they are completely recovered from their previous injuries.

Redclaw

First Post
His kukri sharpened to the point of cutting the air that touched them, Errol finally put away his whetstone and stretched. Three days too many of sitting still, but I suppose we needed it. Is everyone prepared to return to the dungeons? We have a marchioness to find.

Remove ads