Cubicle 7 To Stop Publishing Lone Wolf

Cubicle 7 has announced in a short that it will no longer be publishing the Lone Wolf RPG, which they’ve produced for the last 8 years. Unfortunately, due to some recent unexpected developments, Cubicle 7 will no longer be publishing Lone Wolf roleplaying games with Holmgard Press. Cubicle 7 would like to thank you for your support over the years since our Lone Wolf Adventure began in...

Cubicle 7 has announced in a short that it will no longer be publishing the Lone Wolf RPG, which they’ve produced for the last 8 years.

00D88144-446F-44C9-BBB3-CBC09A96C341.jpeg

Unfortunately, due to some recent unexpected developments, Cubicle 7 will no longer be publishing Lone Wolf roleplaying games with Holmgard Press.

Cubicle 7 would like to thank you for your support over the years since our Lone Wolf Adventure began in 2013. As fans of Lone Wolf since childhood we have really enjoyed working on this line and creating adventures for all the brave and noble warrior-monks.

That’s all they’ve said at this stage.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
I'm expecting that the RPG books will follow the same direction of the gamebooks and will now be published by Holmgard Press, the small-press publishing house directly owned by the son of Joe Dever.

Weiley31

Legend
Well, if there is anything I've learned from collecting the Adventures in Middle-Earth 5E books by Cubicle 7, it is this: If your interested in these books, get em NOW because they are gonna be a pain to get, normal price wise, once this happnes.

TheSword

Legend
My understanding of Cubicle 7’s process is that they have completely separate teams dealing with their different product lines, so I imagine it’s not about a staff resource issue. More likely to be either licensing, loss of a key person on the design team, or the line itself not being profitable.

imagineGod

Legend
In that happy April news announcement there were supposed to be more books, do not like Lone wolf is dead, until now:

More details will be revealed soon, but the Book of the Magnakai has been confirmed as among the first of the new slate of releases.

Magnakai will take characters from Rank 10 to Rank 20; that’s enough to become a legend. It will include new abilities and powers for Kai Lords and other heroic roles.

BigJackBrass

Explorer
The actual game books have a very distinctive (but different) art style, too. Very early British fantasy art, although not the proto-Warhammer stuff that Fighting Fantasy had. (Which makes sense, since the folks behind Fighting Fantasy were a large part of Warhammer when it started up.)
Considering that Gary Chalk did a lot of stuff for Games Workshop as well as the Lone Wolf art there's a direct Warhammer link.

Attachments

• img_3108.jpg
    img_3108.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 111
  • Flight_from_the_Dark.jpg
    Flight_from_the_Dark.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 123

Remove ads

Remove ads