Curse of Strahd Will Have A Map Pullout Poster

Well ..... I've caved. I just came back from my buddy's new store and pre-ordered Curse of Strahd. Hopefully they can get it on the 4th.
I do think it's great that they are including a map.
Has there been any news on the new miniatures set for this adventure? (I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find a complete list)

gweinel

Explorer
I can imagine one side would have the Castle Ravenloft and the other a huge map of Barovia... how i would love such double treatment!

JTorres

First Post
I can imagine one side would have the Castle Ravenloft and the other a huge map of Barovia... how i would love such double treatment!

According to the podcast, one side of the map will be the re-imagined Castle Ravenloft and the other side will be a collection of some of Mike Schley's maps. Chris Perkins is on record saying that Barovia will be expanded on in CoS. Couple that with the comments on the podcast about the new book being loaded with maps and its a safe bet we're going to get a detailed picture of Barovia.

According to the podcast, one side of the map will be the re-imagined Castle Ravenloft and the other side will be a collection of some of Mike Schley's maps. Chris Perkins is on record saying that Barovia will be expanded on in CoS. Couple that with the comments on the podcast about the new book being loaded with maps and its a safe bet we're going to get a detailed picture of Barovia.

That's basically what I expected. I imagine the side with Schley's maps will have a map of the Barovia the domain, a map of Barovia village, and probably a few other locations germane to the adventure. It will be interesting to see if the edges of a map of the domain shows any info on the domains around Barovia...

I can't tell you how much I am excited about this. I really, really hope this becomes standard for their APs in the future - it would make DMing them soooo much easier and better...

Last edited by a moderator:

WackyAnne

First Post
You, sir, are going to be ever so much happier after you listening to the D&D podcast with Chris Perkins, and more importantly, Tracy Hickman. No namby-pamby, glittery, teen heart-throb vampires here...

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/chris-perkins-and-tracy-hickman-curse-strahd

Hiya!

I'll continue to use my original Ravenloft box set(s) and stuff. I just hope that Curse of Strahd is about an evil blood-sucking killer monster-tyrant who terrifies and murders his own people. Strahd is a vampre...he ties you up and makes you watch as he slowly sucks the blood out of your loved one. I don't want a "poor, misunderstood soul who it being unjustly punished for all eternity because he made a single mistake out of love!"...none of that BS! Oh, and is the pic posted supposed to be Strahd? Or some wannabe model for a "dark supernatural Harlequine Romance" novel? If so, why not go all the way and just slap a picture of a bare-chested Fabio wearing a cloak and be done with it.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

pming

Legend
Hiya!

You, sir, are going to be ever so much happier after you listening to the D&D podcast with Chris Perkins, and more importantly, Tracy Hickman. No namby-pamby, glittery, teen heart-throb vampires here...

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/chris-perkins-and-tracy-hickman-curse-strahd

Well, didn't listen to the whole thing, but most of it. I am definitely happier and less "clenchy". ;) I'll keep my eye on it and wait for others to give it a shot and review it.

As I said, didn't listen to the whole thing...is this going to be a box set? Or is is the same horrible "hardcover, full-colour" book like the other's? I find hardback books to be about the most hard to use format for an adventure...and the full colour doesn't do it for me, it's just distracting.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases