Curse of Strahd Will Have A Map Pullout Poster

One of my favorite things about my old Raveloft boxset is the maps.

One of my favorite things about my old Raveloft boxset is the maps.

Benji

First Post
I'll continue to use my original Ravenloft box set(s) and stuff. I just hope that Curse of Strahd is about an evil blood-sucking killer monster-tyrant who terrifies and murders his own people. Strahd is a vampre...he ties you up and makes you watch as he slowly sucks the blood out of your loved one. I don't want a "poor, misunderstood soul who it being unjustly punished for all eternity because he made a single mistake out of love!"...none of that BS! Oh, and is the pic posted supposed to be Strahd? Or some wannabe model for a "dark supernatural Harlequine Romance" novel? If so, why not go all the way and just slap a picture of a bare-chested Fabio wearing a cloak and be done with it.

In the Interview about the product, Hickman talks about how the 'Misunderstood soul' is a dangerous trope for society and compares strahd to an abusive lover who cannot be changed. So I think you have little to fear.

Also the 'Harlequin Romance' pic is a moving picture that occasionally changes it's face to a savage, feral vampire face. So here's hoping that's the tone.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Benji: Yeah I thought that interview with Tracy was great, as I never normally hear from him at all. I would have like Laura to have been there too for her insight too. As he talked about the Abusive Lover It clicked what he was talking about and while later editions of Ravenloft kinda turned him into something different then that its great they are going back to that font.

WackyAnne

First Post
It will be hardcover, just like the other campaigns in this edition. Sadly, the era of box sets is all but over. The Paizo peeps have talked at length about the economics of it; they are just not that feasible in this day and age. Publishers are willing to take a bit of a loss when it comes to starter sets (like the one for 5E, and the Pathfinder Beginner Box), but don't feel there is enough demand at the price point they'd need to profit off of them. People over on the Paizo forums have been begging for another box set since the PFBB came out (a sandbox around Sandpoint or Varisia more widely, for instance) and despite their famed responsiveness (and changing their minds about other products they never thought they'd do, like reprints of sold-out maps), Paizo's still said that's a non-starter. And over at D&D, they've said they won't put out any product they can't be sure of selling tens of thousands of copies of. A box set with manual, module, and map, not to mention any other extras, would run well over the $60 price point that seems to be where most hardcovers top out. If you look at various kickstarters for smaller companies, they run over $100.

darjr

I crit!
The starter set is fairly empty. And the books fit inside of it, at least a couple at a time. Not all three core, I don't think.

weldon

Explorer
Ok, now that we have this beautiful map... how do I pull it out without breaking it?

I worked it back and forth several times to create a crease and loosen the perforation on each side and then slowly started working down from the edges, alternating back and forth between the left and right and top and bottom. If I got to a part that didn't separate easily, I folded it back and forth a few more times.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads