• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of the Azure Bonds chapter 1: Tilverton

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Sidra had been quiet, taking in the story of the Fire Knives. The fact that they would have to either force the word out of the caster of the Bonds or kill him was disheartening, but not necessarilyl surprising. Charum was skilled with his hands, but Sidra's litorian heritage and bonds with the Green left her with sharp teeth more than able to kill. Many times she had asked herself the question, was murder justified? When did the heat of self-defense give way to the cool calculation of easy death, death for convenience? Would killing this mage be a justified sentence of his crimes? Or an easy way out of a bad situation? Many people did not share her morals, Sidra knew, but perhaps she should put them forth... But maybe after they were in the sewers. Thieves' morals were flexible... at best.

"I would guess the Grossman Manor is probably very well protected... and to attack the leader of the guild in his home ground would be..." Sidra shakes her head at the impossibility of it.

Voadam

Legend
Xi

"McGill. You have helped us out with knowledge and set us on the paths of the Fire Knives. I thank you. Tell me though, what is your stake in this? Why are you an enemy of these assassins?"

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
I was wondering when you'd get to that question. Check out the mantle over your shoulder. The insignia is that of the Harpers. We are an independent organization of adventurers and others who fight against evil organizations throughout Faerun. You see, quite simply, there's far too much evil in the land for the governments like Cormyr and the major adventurers to keep in check, which is where we come in. We do whatever needs be done, and we answer to no one. Sometimes, we might bend the law, sometimes we break it, but it is for the greater good and so that the laws of good may survive. We work against evil cults, pirates, slavers, whoever happens to be stirring up trouble. And if there's one thing the Fire Knives excel at, it's stirring things up.

To answer your question, I did what I did because the only other ways it would have ended for you would have been on the headsman's block or at the business end of a Fire Knives' blade, and neither of those would have stopped the Fire Knives from trying again. They may succeed the next time, and then they'll go after the Crownsilvers, the Huntsilvers and the Truesilvers, and then Tagreth Cormaeril would be on the throne. I will do whatever is necessary to ensure that day never comes to pass, for if it does, Cormyr will most certainly fall to evil and darkness.

[sblock=correction]The three sublevels in the sewers are 1000 (one thousand) yards long, not 100.[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
Ferrik of Rasheman

Ferrik has been since he heard about his actions at the wedding in the cell, and looked more preoccupied than usual when McGill says this last bit does the Rashemi Berserker speak.

"If they deliver justice with no trial, then they already have."

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
So you fancy going back to the Purple Dragons for said trial my dear Rashemi? It certainly wouldn't be a thing I'm accustomed to, but I could probably swing it. I don't think the verdict would be very much to your liking though. Fire Knives have ways of making evidence and witnesses for the defense disappear.

My betrothed, for example.
McGill says ruefully.

Raylis

First Post
Ferrik of Rasheman

"There will be no Justice done. " Ferrik states, "But if these Knifes of Fire have the evidence to clear us then we should continue to their headquarters."

Falkus

Explorer
"The way I see it," Dominic said to Ferrik. "Is that once we finish with the Fireknives, we should quietly and quickly leave town."

Voadam

Legend
Xi nods at McGill's explanation, it makes the setup less suspicious, he seems more sure that this is the right path and not just another manipulation to send the party against someone's personal foes.

Raylis said:
"There will be no Justice done. " Ferrik states, "But if these Knifes of Fire have the evidence to clear us then we should continue to their headquarters."

"There will be justice." Xi pulls his big spiked gauntlet tight onto his massive hand and clenches a fist readying the weapon for action. "We shall bring justice to those who sought to use us for evil ends."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Eva of Sirrion said:
So you fancy going back to the Purple Dragons for said trial my dear Rashemi? It certainly wouldn't be a thing I'm accustomed to, but I could probably swing it. I don't think the verdict would be very much to your liking though. Fire Knives have ways of making evidence and witnesses for the defense disappear.

My betrothed, for example.
McGill says ruefully.

"McGill... I'm so sorry," Sidra says, laying a compassionate hand on his arm. "We will have to make our own justice with this Tagreth Cormaeril. Please... what would be the best way to get into his manor?" she says after a moment.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads