• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of the Azure Bonds chapter 1: Tilverton

Thanee

First Post
Dawn

[SBLOCK]Dawn signals Kooga, that she has noticed. Then she turns to McGill. “Shhh... there might be someone here. Can't say for sure. We should approach carefully.” Then she slowly sneaks closer to have a better look.[/SBLOCK]

Voadam

Legend
Xi

"I say no. We should strike fast and hard from underneath. We must worry about town guardsman coming after us if we go openly from the streets. It is better to keep this between the Knives and us. I thank you for the look at the map though, it is helpful to not walk in blind."

Raylis

First Post
Voadam said:
"I say no. We should strike fast and hard from underneath. We must worry about town guardsman coming after us if we go openly from the streets. It is better to keep this between the Knives and us. I thank you for the look at the map though, it is helpful to not walk in blind."

"But what if we do not look like us? In Rasheman, some of the Hathran could make themselves look like other things or disappear completely."

Scotley

Hero
Charum

Raylis said:
"But what if we do not look like us? In Rasheman, some of the Hathran could make themselves look like other things or disappear completely."

"What do you have in mind. It might be useful if we could pull it off. Will the bonds somehow let them know we are present? That would make a disguise and stealth useless. I think attacking quickly before they know what we are about, and before our magical protection expires, would serve us well."

Voadam

Legend
"If nobody can disguise me it seems moot. Even though secondary door guards probably can't pierce good disguises the watch will be looking for me and there are not that many Hu Charad here for me to blend in with, let alone ones that have partaken of the full rituals."

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
Scotley said:
"What do you have in mind. It might be useful if we could pull it off."

"I was maybe thinking friend Dawn or friend Sidra might have a spell that makes us look different or look like we are not where we are. Or maybe our hosts will trade some of their magics that could do the same for coin."

Ferrik replied as he took off his sword and broke the peace knot, before proceeding to do the same with his other weapons.

Voadam

Legend
"The hin is a nature priestess, I think their powers lie more in areas such as bonding ape servitors but I am no expert in the matter. Still I do not think we should rely upon such a possibility while we wait for her return. Sidra, Davison, do you have such magics at your disposal? Hiding or disguise magics that could aid us?"

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
[sblock=dawn]Kooga is standing over what appears to be a dead gnome. Conor! McGill leans forward and checks him. As he does so he slips on a pair of gloves and checks his body, finding what he was looking for. A Fire Knives' blade. They must have attacked him from behind. At least they didn't get his code wheel, but...

*shinck*

No we didn't. In fact we didn't know exactly what we were looking for. But now we've found it, and surreptitiously, we've found you McGill, and one of our lost hosts.

Two red-robed assassins step out from the shadows and stand alongside Dawn and Kooga, brandishing wicked daggers. The third, the one who spoke, is behind McGill with his blade at his throat. All three of their eyes glow blue. Our orders are to take you both alive, do not force the issue.[/sblock]

I'll check our stores. Davison says, returning and reporting as follows, We have three disguise potions. They're very effective for making you appear radically different from your true self. You could go as a gnome or a gnoll, at your leisure. These last a half-hour. The clear substance will make you vanish altogether. But bear in mind that the duration of this one is very limited, just a few minutes. Each one is 400 gold, or I'll sell you the entire lot for 1200.

Voadam

Legend
Xi

"How long do the disguises last? And what disguise could it make for me that would aid in walking through the city? Can it disguise me to look as small as a human? If so I can walk up to the front door while others stay hidden and then force my way in for us to engage a frontal assault. I have no skill at sneaking but I can do an obvious approach if disguised by magic."

Thanee

First Post
Dawn

[SBLOCK]“Alright,” Dawn says, spreading her arms showing that she carries no weapons whatsoever, while making a few steps away from the two fire knives instinctively. Then she gives Kooga the command to come over to her slowly... when he is close to McGill and the first assassin, she orders him to attack the one behind McGill, hoping that the ape's long-reaching arms will be enough to prevent him from using his knife against McGill in a lethal manner. In the same moment, she drops down to her hands and feet and transforms into a wild animal, a panther (as leopard), eying the other fire knife with a predatory growl.[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads