• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse/Sneak Attack Damage Question

Rezzin

First Post
I know you can only apply cursed or sneak attack damage once per round but do they bot apply if a PC is a Warlock multiclassed in Rogue w/sneak attack? i would assume they would but am having a debate that needs to be settled.

-Avalon-

First Post
Well, the major rule of thumb I have seen in 4th Edition:

Same types do not stack. Different types do stack.

A Bard with ranger/warlock/rogue, hits a person, does Base Damage + Quarry Damage + Curse Damage + Sneak Attack Damage =)

Kordeth

First Post
A Bard with ranger/warlock/rogue, hits a person, does Base Damage + Quarry Damage + Curse Damage + Sneak Attack Damage =)

No he doesn't. Pact Initiate doesn't give you any form of the Warlock's Curse class feature, it gives you a pact at-will as an encounter power and the ability to pursue paragon paths based on that pact, plus implement use.

You are correct, however, that a multiclass character who is able to apply multiple extra damage types to a single attack (e.g. attacking his quarry with combat advantage), he applies all sources of extra damage to the attack.

Klaumbaz

First Post
my 2 bits

another comment on this.

a pact dagger would count as a dagger for the rogue using his "weapon" based powers, and rogue training +1 atk melee.

using his one warlock power, the pact dagger would function as an implement, and provide bonuses to atk/dam. BUT the rogue cannot use sneak attack with this attack, as it is an implement attack, not a weapon attack.

DracoSuave

First Post
If a Warlock is multiclassed into Rogue, and hits with a melee attack that is eligible for Sneak Attack, then he may use Sneak Attack Damage and Warlock's Curse Damage in the same shot.

If you're taking the multiclass feat solely for the damage buff, however, the Ranger Multiclass is better, and gives you Hunter's Quarry which works like your curse and is attack-style agnostic.

Remove ads