• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CW: Invisible Blade - Unfettered Defense question

ControlFreak

First Post
In the Complete Warrior, the Invisible Blade prestige class has an ability called Unfettered Defense. I'm confused as to the way this is calculated. At first look it appeared to me that if the character has an Int bonus, they get a dodge bonus per level of Invisible Blade (if they are wearing no armor). However, in the example character, it shows a character with an Int bonus of +2 and 5 levels of Invisible Blade getting a bonus of +2 only.

As I see it, I can see 3 possiblities of how it works (using a character with 2 levels of Invisible Blade and an Int bonus of +3):

1) The character would get a bonus of +3 (his Int bonus)
2) The character would get a bonus of +2 (his levels in Invisible Blade - because his Int bonus is greater than 0)
3) The character would get a bonus of +6 (his Int bonus for each level of Invisible Blade)

Which one of these (if any) is correct?

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
The way I read it the characters gets a +1 AC bonus per level, but the bonus can never be higher then his Int bonus.

So, in your example the AC bonus would be +2. At third level it would increase to +3, and never get any higher until the Int of the character increased.

morbiczer

First Post
I don't own the book, but I'm pretty sure it works this way:

Example charachter has an Int of 16, so an Int bonus of +3.

1st level: +1 to AC
2nd level: +2 to AC
3rd level: +3 to AC
4th level: +3 to AC
5th-10th level: +3 to AC

At least this is the way how the CW bladesinger works. This mechanic is intended to make PrCs less frontloaded.

Remove ads