Cyberpunk RED & A Stroll Down A Dusty Memory Lane

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
I don't know if anyone remembers but back in the 90's, there was a CCG called Heresy: Kingdom Come. The story was that a war between angels and demons was playing out but in a cyberpunk setting. The story concept was cool (to my then-college sensibilities) and the artwork was arguably the finest art ever to grace a CCG. The problem was that the cards were oversized - significantly larger - meaning that they wouldn't fit in standard pages. Plus, in addition to MTG, there were a number of other CCGs. So investing in an oddball sized one kind of doomed it the the Memory Hole.

Fast-forward to today.

What I wouldn't give to have a Heresy TTRPG. I just feel that the mix of quasi-religious and cyberpunk can be melded, just as Shadowrun has done for years and a cyberpunk setting has (cybernetic) legs as there are two TTRPGs on the market and a AAA title on the video game front.

Thoughts? Does the story concept sound interesting to anyone else? How would you bring in celestial hosts to add into a setting that already has more mundane factions?

Sir Brennen

Legend
I remember Heresy. I still have a pack around somewhere from GenCon the year it was introduced. Also got it for the amazing artwork. I think Brom did a few of the pictures.
Could you adapt it using In Nomine?
I've never found a group that was the right mix to play in the setting but I like the idea.
SJ Games also did a GURPS version of In Nomine, making it easy to combine with their other source books. Like, oh, I dunno... say, Cyberpunk?

There was a line of materials for CP 2020 that was set in an alternate future with vampires. Don’t remember much of the specifics, but the supernatural elements there might be a good basis for introducing other elements like angels and demons, if you want to stick with CP Red.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I don't know if anyone remembers but back in the 90's, there was a CCG called Heresy: Kingdom Come. The story was that a war between angels and demons was playing out but in a cyberpunk setting. The story concept was cool (to my then-college sensibilities) and the artwork was arguably the finest art ever to grace a CCG. The problem was that the cards were oversized - significantly larger - meaning that they wouldn't fit in standard pages. Plus, in addition to MTG, there were a number of other CCGs. So investing in an oddball sized one kind of doomed it the the Memory Hole.

Fast-forward to today.

What I wouldn't give to have a Heresy TTRPG. I just feel that the mix of quasi-religious and cyberpunk can be melded, just as Shadowrun has done for years and a cyberpunk setting has (cybernetic) legs as there are two TTRPGs on the market and a AAA title on the video game front.

Thoughts? Does the story concept sound interesting to anyone else? How would you bring in celestial hosts to add into a setting that already has more mundane factions?
D20 Modern had a D20 Apocalypse splat book describing an Angel & Demons setting. Combined with the D20 Cyberscape splat book and D20 Urban Arcana you could replicate Heresy Kingdom Come.

edit : you can find the pdfs on drivethru RPGs

Remove ads