D&D 5E D&D 2022 Overview - Did you purchase any of the books?

D&D 2022 - Did you purchase any of the books?

• Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse - May 16, 2022

Votes: 76 45.5%
  • Critical Role: Call of the Netherdeep - March 15, 2022

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen - December 2022

Votes: 42 25.1%
  • Journeys through the Radiant Citadel - July 19, 2022

Votes: 65 38.9%
  • Spelljammer: Adventures in Space - August 16, 2022

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • None.

Votes: 55 32.9%
  • ADDED: Dragons of Stormwreck Isle Starter Set - Aug/Oct, 2022

Votes: 26 15.6%

Scribe

Legend
Looking over Wikipedia, these are the printed books released in 2022, just curious which if any did you pick up?

Dragons of Stormwreck Isle Starter Set was added after to the poll, and current results do not reflect that it was always an option - 11/29/2022

Last edited:

Alby87

Adventurer
Monsters of the Multiverse because of the races I didn't have and the updated statblocks. Not running new modules (still running CoS and TftYP since last year, LMoP+DoIP for a new group of people, and a Forgotten Realms homebrew adventure).

Next year very much interested in Bigby (Fitzan for me was a hit, hope they bis), and if the Book of Many Thing is what I hope it is (an "of everything" style book for DMs) also that.

Shiroiken

Legend
None of them were particularly appealing to me. PM:MoM was probably the closest, but I really hate the idea of paying for an updated version of something I already have. I had objections to the 3.5E PHB, MM, and DMG as well.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
None. And I don't intend to purchase any of them.

On the plus side, I purchased a new PHB, MM, and XGtE for my Tuesday night group to share when we play (well, the MM is more for me as DM...), so WotC got a bit more of my money. ;)

Just Spelljammer - I'm a sucker for campaign settings. Next year I'm down for I think everything other than the Phandelver campaign. Feast and famine.

Stormonu

Legend
I’m waiting on my B&G Spelljammer to show up, and have the Soth cover of Dragonlance on preorder.
Ended up picking up the Monsters of the Multiverse book (after not being interested in it initially), and gave my Volo’s/Mord’s book to my wife.

Remove ads