D&D 5E D&D 2022 Overview - Did you purchase any of the books?

D&D 2022 - Did you purchase any of the books?

• Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse - May 16, 2022

Votes: 76 45.5%
  • Critical Role: Call of the Netherdeep - March 15, 2022

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen - December 2022

Votes: 42 25.1%
  • Journeys through the Radiant Citadel - July 19, 2022

Votes: 65 38.9%
  • Spelljammer: Adventures in Space - August 16, 2022

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • None.

Votes: 55 32.9%
  • ADDED: Dragons of Stormwreck Isle Starter Set - Aug/Oct, 2022

Votes: 26 15.6%

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Monsters of the Multiverse, because I hadn't previously gotten Volo's or the earlier Mord's.
Radiant Citadel, because I like its potential as a new setting.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
This is the first year I've not purchased a single book from WotC, although at this point I will likely buy the DL book eventually. I'll keep abreast of the Planescape buzz, though. Like DL, they may surprise me, but I remain skeptical.

None of their non-setting stuff has even a chance of interesting me anymore.

Ayeffkay

Explorer
I was purchasing every book on release whether I'd use it or not, I'm a sucker for fancy covers. I skipped Mordenkainen because of WotC's limited exclusivity BS, and then when Spelljammer was a dud I started giving my money to Paizo instead.

pukunui

Legend
I purchased the Rules Expansion Gift Set in order to get Monsters of the Multiverse early, and I pre-ordered the Dragonlance book in order to get the early DDB access.

I only purchased Spelljammer and Radiant Citadel on DDB. I'm regretting those purchases a little, but I'm glad I didn't get them in hard copy because I wasn't all that impressed by either of them.

I didn't bother with Call of the Netherdeep because a) I'm not a Critical Role fan and b) I heard it was pretty bad, which is a shame, because I've been wanting an official 5e underwater adventure for some time.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I received Mordenkainen's as a birthday gift. I purchased Radiant Citadel as a birthday gift for my brother. It has been years since I purchased a hardcover for myself. I bought some WotC PDFs two days ago.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
For Monsters of the Multiverse I only purchased it on DnDBeyond, because I use it for character building.

Dragonlance I'm buying in a couple days. Radiant Citadel is wonderful

Remove ads