(D&D 3.5) The Goblins of the Shattershtruk Hills

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
I think I would like to play. Please add me to the list

Brohgen Darkhammer, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin.

Will try to have sheet to you by this evening (at work now).

Cassander

First Post
YourSwordIsMine said:
I think I would like to play. Please add me to the list

Will try to have sheet to you by this evening (at work now).

Welcome to the game :cool:

Felix

Explorer
YourSwordIsMine said:
Hey-ho.

I think I've decided to go Fighter/Cleric, but believe me when I say that I won't be stepping on your toes. I'm going to be a very meaty shield and get in people's way, but not do too much when it comes to damage output; my cleric levels will only go to ease the burden on you as far as healing is concerned.

Oh, and: MORADIN, HAIL!

~~~~~

Cassander, revised character sheet attached. I shot from the hip when determining the price of uncut gems and put them at ~10% of the cut value. Also, all of the scrolls are from the Scribe Scroll feat, thus the 12.5gp cost.

Attachments

• von Kramm.xls
    25 KB · Views: 93

Cassander

First Post
Felix said:
Hey-ho.

I think I've decided to go Fighter/Cleric, but believe me when I say that I won't be stepping on your toes. I'm going to be a very meaty shield and get in people's way, but not do too much when it comes to damage output; my cleric levels will only go to ease the burden on you as far as healing is concerned.

Oh, and: MORADIN, HAIL!

~~~~~

Cassander, revised character sheet attached. I shot from the hip when determining the price of uncut gems and put them at ~10% of the cut value. Also, all of the scrolls are from the Scribe Scroll feat, thus the 12.5gp cost.

Cool.

According to the Draconomicon, uncut gems are worth 1/3 of finished gems, similar to the raw material cost of any other craft. Of course, the problem with crafting gems is that you can easily sell them for full price rather than half price like most goods. So with enough crafting, you could get near infinite money from these guys. Not too much of an issue with this game... plus the risk of cutting gems might not make it worth it.

But on your sheet, do you mean to buy the gems at full market price or are you assuming each is actually worth more than the price listed on the sheet? Is the crafting essentially just flavor/background?

Oh, and you might also want a backpack or something to carry all that stuff in ;)

And with these clerics of Moradin, I might as well share a little something I came up with based on a campaign where there was an idea that the Thunder Children in Silverymoon were adapting Dwarven chant into something more like rap....

Every time you see me, my Hammer's just so hype,
My foes on the floor by my magic and my might.
Now why would I ever stop doing this?
With others making evil, I just can't quit.
I toured around the Realms, from Waterdeep to Thay
It's Hammer go Hammer, Moradin the Hammer
And the rest can go and pray!
Can't touch this.

Last edited:

Cassander

First Post
YourSwordIsMine said:
I am letting everyone know that I will not be there for the Gameday. Please remove me from the list.

Thank you and have a great time!

Sorry you can't make it... and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about your character sheet... I was away for a few days. For what it's worth, I was able to view the document once I downloaded the right viewer.

Let me know if your plans change and you'll be able to make it afterall and I'll add you back in.

Cassander

First Post
Well, we still have three weeks to go, so let's wait a couple more and see how it's going. I'll also have some pregens available at the gameday in case we get last minute players and there's not enough time for them to create characters. For now, I just posted a list and description of all the open games in the General Discussion and Gamers Seeking Gamers forums and invited people to join the open games.

The adventure can handle 4-6 players with no problem, and I'm sure I can modify it down to 3 if necessary. We'll figure out what to do if it's still just the two of you... either mulitple characters/player as you suggest or I can try to tone down the adventure for two chracters... I've dealt with those before.

And we'll be using miniatures in the adventure, so if you have one for your character, go ahead and bring it.

MarknDC

First Post
I think I'd like to give this a try. Is it ok if a relatively rusty player joins you all? I've played a little recently and have been excited about getting back into the game.

Remove ads