• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5e: Retired & Bored

Inez Hull

First Post
Ghannellis pads a short distance away from the keep and then crouches on his haunches, his head cocked to one side. He listens for the sound of wings beating. If he hears nothing he then spends time listening to the sounds of the swamp, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

[ooc: Listen +20, Survival +20]

Thels

First Post
"Ahh, it's not good to one's health to get active in the morning without a good breakfast." Armand says as he walks over to the others. "Hmm, I must really be getting old for saying that."

G

Guest 11456

OOG: Sorry for the late post. It has been a very busy week.

Vannyn heads off to study spells. He'll return in about an hour.

Elrick starts searching the area for clues. Daniel helps him.

Ghanellis tries to discern any odd sounds and then listens to the sounds of the swamp.

After a little over an hour has passed, Vannyn returns. Elrick and Daniel are no closer to finding any clues. Ghanellis has not noted any odd sounds.

Snaps is on Vannyn's shoulder.

Everyone gathers for Vannyn's spell.

OOG: I'm assuming everyone had a chance to grab all of there stuff...

Then it happens. Elrick is the first to notice it. But soon everyone can feel the slight vibration in the ground. The vibration becomes a low rumble. The low rumble quickly turns into an all out earthquake in a matter of a few seconds.

Thergan quickly takes to the air. Everyone else is knocked off balance. Then the keep begins to collapse and something big comes bursting out of the middle of it. Dargo, Armand, Ghannellis, and Elrick are able to keep from being knocked to the ground by the earthquake. Vannyn, Daniel, and Snaps loose their footing and are knocked to the ground. The something is vaguely familiar. It appears to be the skeletal remains of the dragon you killed nearly fifty years ago. But it seems to be not so dead after all.

Everyone except Dargo is visibly SHAKEN by the sight of their long dead foe returning from the grave.

SHAKEN: A shaken character takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.

Initiative:
Elrick 28
Ghannellis 23
Dead Dragon 19
Thergan 12
Daniel 11 (Dex 22)
Vannyn 11 (Dex 12)
Dargo 8
Snaps 6
Armand 2

The dragon's present range is 100 feet from all of you. Thergan is in flight. Vannyn, Elrick, and Snaps are prone from being knocked off of their feet by the earthquake. Everyone else is standing.

Actions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Inez Hull

First Post
What, how can this happen? Bah! It matters not. The beast was slain once and shall be again.

Ghannellis seems to undergo a seizure of some sort. He drops shaking to one knee tearing at his hair and frothing at the mouth. He then raises bloodshot eyes in a baleful stare towards the Dragon....... and sprints straight at it in long loping strides, screeching in a feral boar-like cry as he draws Tusk and engages the undead beast.

[OOC: Start Barbarian Rage (free action), Charge 100' (Base Move 50') and Attack at +20 with +8 Power Attack (Attack +22, Rage +2, Favoured Enemy +4) for 1d6+21] [edit: also charge and shaken which cancel each other out]

Dang, just what you don't want as a beserker - being the only melee character to beat a Dragon in iniative.

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
"Perish!" With the sudden appearance of an old foe, some of the memories and methods of time long gone arrives back in Armand, as the prayer for a flame strike starts to pass his lips.

OOC: Defensively only has use to prevent AoO's. He's 100 foot away, so he doesn't get them.

Arknath

First Post
Elrick turns in horror to see the remains of an old foe emerge from the very place that he had been sleeping hours before.

Drawing Deja and Razor and runs to the dragon's left. When he finds an opportune moment, he launches Deja at the dragon with great accuracy.

OOC: Move 60' (30+ haste) and single attack (Hand axe of throwing/returning +3) +15 - range penalty.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thels said:
OOC: Defensively only has use to prevent AoO's. He's 100 foot away, so he doesn't get them.

OOC: I understand, but as I go after him, and I don't know where it'll be when I cast, I figured I would be safe rather than sorry.

Wrahn

First Post
"This thing nearly killed us last time and we were ready." Thergan thinks as he watches his home for nearly fifty years collapse. He tries to desperately to remember any stories of Undead Dragons that he may have heard when he was with the circus so long ago.

Thergan relays any information he thinks is relavent that he can remember about Undead Dragons, delays his action til the casters do the immediate buffing and then lets fear turn to anger and anger turn to RAGE! He will charge forward leading with his greatsword.

ooc: Bardic Knowledge +3 (yeah, laugh all you want), delay until 1 then activate Barbarian rage and charge the dragon (assuming within range)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads