• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4th Edition, H Series, Online Game

Ftr

First Post
Can't wait to log in today to maptools! I figured out how to create encounter and location entries as macros and use images. So if you are the DM, you can have your players move to a location on the map and have a regular image tied to that location or encounter pop up in the chat box with a description or narration. This means that when you take the time to create a beautiful map and encounter, you can set up a corresponding macro to place the said narrative and image up in the chat panel with a single click.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player: Okay, I move down the corridor and open push aside the curtain at the end. What do I see?

DM: You push open the door and... (the DM clicks the macro for location #6)

An image pops up in the chat box with the name of the location underneath and a desription of the location under the title.

DM: So what do you do?

Player: Hmmm...I slowly enter keeping a sharp lookout for traps and with my sword ready for action.

DM: You slowly enter scanning the walls and floor for traps, blade gleaming in the dim light. Roll a Perception check.

Player: Aaargh! a 4.

DM: As you reach the middle of the room, you hear what can only be described as a sheet flapping in the wind from above. You look up just as a large square shape with a wicked tooth filled face in its center engulfs you and attempts to entangle you while biting and clawing you to shreds...(DM hits the Macro for the encounter macro #6)

An image of a Lurker dropping from the ceiling pops up in the chat panel with a short narrative that sets up the combat and orders the players to roll initiative, etc... Meanwhile the DM is placing the enemy token(s) onthe map and combat is on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So even if you are forced to do a no sound game (and that's never happened to us...lol), encounters and other narratives can be preset with macros to add to the flow and feel of the game. I made some examples that I'll show you when we lo in today.

See ya'all soon!

Jim

Eryiedes

First Post
So even if you are forced to do a no sound game (and that's never happened to us...lol), encounters and other narratives can be preset with macros to add to the flow and feel of the game. I made some examples that I'll show you when we lo in today

Jim

I am enjoying the game....but not enough to completely rewrite it which is exactly what would be required by your macros.
I am not sitting here all week long just to do a few macros that we can just as easily play without.
While the function may come in handy I don't think the time requirements are reasonable enough considering the overall outcome.
Even Z's ini counter macro is really going to slow the game up as it is, which will be a big CON when you are trying to run a "suprise" encounter.
It totally kills the suspence while I take 10 minutes out to set the groups and monsters initiative on a whim of the moment.
Perhaps it may be used later...but for right now I would rather tackle the Z vs G problem first.
Maptools should be up in 30 minutes.
I will be a bit busy so responce time may vary.

Peace & Light

Eryiedes

First Post
Shaster....don't forget that i need a copy of your new sheet and macros.
All players if they have not done so should make their pre-session entries...I have editted my final entry to reflect the combat portion of last weeks game instead of adding a new entry.
I will be lurking.

Peace & Light

Zambatuo

First Post
E-mail sent for the levels. I don't really need to create a macro right now for the new Utility power, which I gave you the details of what it does as well as what my feat choice does.

Eryiedes

First Post
Was a good game tonight guys.
A large jelly and slime were nearly the lethal combination for the party tonight but with Mardok we prevailed again.
Some good damage combos and tactical playing this evening but the creatures nearly got "lucky".
Guess the only question is...do we just kill Verithax when we see him next time or do we try and capture him again and give him to Mardok for some punishment?
Something to mull over.
I will post one combat engagement an evening till they are complete so the last part of tonight's bloodbath should be up by late monday night or very early tuesday morning....though I may transcribe the action faster if time permits....at least there is no pressure to get it up there fast.
Definitely a fun one....gonna avoid pbj's for a while just on principal!
May have maptools up around 6pm eastern tomorrow.
Have a good weekend gentlemen.

Peace & Light

FusionCell

First Post
Sorry I missed last nights game. Ah, it's been one of those weeks and it completely slipped my mind. Damn glad we've got that game thread so I can find out what I missed.

I trust Gorshak wasn't to, uh, 'difficult' to figure out? He's got a pretty complex personality, that guy. Well, not really.

Eryiedes

First Post
I trust Gorshak wasn't to, uh, 'difficult' to figure out? He's got a pretty complex personality, that guy. Well, not really.

No worries, mate.
Session went pretty smooth.....we even played till about midnight eastern.
Gorshak now has a Shield of Protection (Is a large shield that ALSO has a resist 5 damage descriptor)
As a matter of fact, everyone officially has a magical item now....even if it is only a healing potion.
I will be intermitantly lurking.

Peace & Light

Eryiedes

First Post
Part One of our three encounter session is up.
Anyone may add a game post if they wish but I will not delay putting up the next part tomorrow night so these entries will be of a "first come, first serve" nature till the third part is put up.
I was supposed to have maptools up tonight but I was out and for that I appologize.
I will put it up tomorrow near dinner hour.
I may be lurking.

Peace & Light

Eryiedes

First Post
I am late getting to part II.....I will have it up around 9 or 10pm instead.
Maptools is up for an hour or so right now.
Trying out some new maps and playing with the hex map function for an upcoming GURPS idea I have.
I will be lurking.

Peace & Light

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads