• Yes, and I did not buy 5e before

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • No, and I bought 5e originally

Votes: 39 21.0%
  • No, and I did not buy 5e either

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 34 18.3%

It is not only a lot of money to be spent, but also I had to await several years to can buy the translated edition. For my own eyes 5e arrived little time ago, and I don't feel like to start again. I bought a lot of books of 3.5 Ed, and I love my collection, but the space in my bedroom has got a limit, and my money.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
In terms of just buying it, yes. At the very least to see what they thought they had to change, and if it really is fully compatible to have all the changes together in one spot.

As for playing it, 5e is my favorite edition of D&D so far, but only my second favorite D&D-like game. What brings me to play my #2 instead of my #1 is that there are plenty of people to play it with. So if groups I'm with move to it, there is no question I will to.

As for the campaign I've been running for the past two years, that's another question. I had generally positive results moving a game from 3.0 to 3.5. Again, depends on if my players will be in Anniversary Edition games and want to consolidate on a single ruleset.

I and my group are fully invested in D&D Beyond and if the material isn't better we might stick with 5E. I don't think we will but I'm almost 50 and I'd rather play games I know really well and don't have as much time for mastering a new version of something.

TheSword

Legend
It depends how good it is. If it’s just a collection of rules that are already in play, then what’s the point. That’s not a new edition 🤷‍♂️ nor is it good value for money.

VTT has changed everything. I’ll not easily cast away £500 of book investment on Roll20

akr71

Hero
At this point, I have no plans to buy any further WotC books. I have been pretty unimpressed by their offerings lately. I think LevelUp & MCDM are putting out more interesting material and attempting more interesting game design.

I reserve the right to change my mind and buy Greyhawk and/or Dragonlance for purely nostalgia reasons.
OK, having just watched the interview with Jeremy Crawford (found here), I have renewed faith in what WotC is planning for 2024. I guess the UA documents over the coming months will do a lot to cement or further shift my expectations.

Stalker0

Legend
I've never understood the desire to say yes or no to something sight unseen. All the talk in the world, but until we get some concrete mechanics laid out for us, who the heck knows!

Faolyn

(she/her)
At the moment, no. I have 5e and I have Level Up. I really don't need the same thing in a somewhat different system. If they come up with a brand new setting, I might get that.

Remove ads