D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Tattered Memories: An Adventure in Tethyr (COMPLETE)

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: I edited in some more information above. Also, you're technically out of actions/interactions for the round, but since you didn't pass the roll, we'll just chalk that up to no big deal. If you want to try to move the table next round, you'll need to use your free item interaction or action to do so. I'll get working on an updated map and post it here.

Brue moved and took cover behind the corner of the table. As she moved her torch illuminated the rest of the room. Vials was standing in the southwest corner of the room and looked mad, both angry and insane. His red hair shot out at all angles. Next to him was a large metal cage and, in front of that, a large, two-headed dog. The dog's heads growled and snapped at each other, but it maintained its position for now. Greycastle moved up behind Brue. "Damn you, gnome. What were you thinking, you insane bastard?!?"

OOC: New Map Notes:
There is only one square you cannot see now, the one in the far southwest corner of the room. Everything else is either Bright Light or Dim Light.
It's hard to make out what the dot is int he northwest due to the dim lighting. Puddle of liquid? Hole maybe...
The three outlined set of squares against the west wall appear to be stone tables of some sort.
The ? is a mastiff-sized snarling, two-headed dog.
The outline south of the ? is a steel cage, the door now open.

Basement Round 1.jpg

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
GM: Round 2
Vials: 00/??
Brue: 19/37
Other: 00/??
Greycastle: 28/28

Vials - Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] (Chaos: [roll3])
Brue - Moves and casts Cure Wounds
Death Dog - Attacks Brue, Misses Completely
Greycastle - Moves and casts Cure Wounds

Revealed, the gnome adjusted his position slightly and took careful aim. Even with the cover, his beam lanced out and struck Brue in the face. The shock of the excruciating pain threatened to knock her out!

GM: With the critical hit, Brue took 23 points of poison damage. She needs to make another DC 12 CON Saving Throw to avoid being poisoned again.

Basement Round 2.jpg

Last edited:

Brue dropped the lit torch on top of the wooden table. She swallowed bile as pain from the poison burned with an intense fire. The genasi stilled herself, took a deep breath, and strode forward. She was bent on getting to the gnome. Brue taunted as she crossed the room to stand partially behind one of the shelves on the western wall. "Lowest of the low, gnome. Poison's the tool of the weak. We're coming for you, and I've got a present just for you. I'll give you a hint; it's shiny and made of steel."

OOC: Bonus Action: Second [roll0] hp.
Action: Cure [roll1], plus an additional 3 hp from Life Domain. Or at least that's my read of how Life Domain works.
Move: Drop lit torch on the wooden table. Move 30' from G2 to C6.

Questions:
1) Does Brue benefit from cover from the shelf?
2) Brue is a multiclass Fighter/Cleric. Does she add proficiency in Cleric saving throws Wisdom and Charisma to her existing Fighter saving throws Strength and Constitution? I skimmed the multiclass section and the section on saving throws, but didn't see anything definitive.
3) Does anything on the wooden table or the table itself catch fire?

EDIT: Actually, I think Brue can't use Second Wind because she hasn't taken a short rest since her last use.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: You still need to make a DC 12 CON save to see if you're poisoned from the attack. You are correct, you do not have Second Wind available.

1) It's a stone table. It currently provides +2 AC to attacks from Vials.
2) You don't get saving throw proficiency through multi-classing. You only have your Fighter saves.
3) Interesting question... not yet? I'm going to say you dropped it on F4 to get maximum illumination.

I'll work on getting the map updated and get the rest of the actions done.

Forged Fury

First Post
Even with the blast taking her straight in the face, Brue shook off the effects through sheer force of will. Murmuring a prayer to Ilmater, the genasi cleared some of the boils and blisters from her skin, feeling the healing power flow through her. Maneuvering closer to Vials, she put herself within arms reach of the two-headed dog.

The dog shifted toward Vials and then both heads snapped at Brue. The dog's frothing jaws snapped shut on air.

Greycastle dashed forward and shouted a prayer to Helm, reaching out his hand and healing Brue.

GM: Dog Attacks: [roll0] (Damage: [roll1]), [roll2] (Damage: [roll3])
Greycastle: Cast Heal Wounds [roll4]

Basement Round 2.jpg

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Proficiencies, pg. 164. The chart states what proficiencies you pick up when you multiclass. Saving Throws are proficiencies and none are listed on the chart.

OOC: Yeah, saw that but felt highly uncertain whether saves were included on that table because none of them appear. I would've expected a sentence somewhere were they overtly excluded. Absent express exclusion, I was left with the belief that question whether by default they were included. Is there any sage advice on this?

Remove ads