• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Tattered Memories: An Adventure in Tethyr (COMPLETE)

OOC: Is that a Constitution saving throw, or a Constitution ability check to avoid being poisoned? I'll assume the former. If the latter, however, please dock -2 from the saving throw to reflect the inapplicability of Brue's proficiency bonus.

Also, Brue cast guidance on herself before heading down the stairs. I'll provide a d4 roll below just in case she gets the benefit of guidance on her roll above (the 5e wiki says guidance applies to ability checks, not saves). Also, guidance is concentration-based, so I'm not sure if she'll get the benefit of it after being hit for damage. I'll provide a Concentration check as well, just in case.

Constitution saving throw to avoid being poisoned [roll0]
[roll1]
Concentration check to maintain guidance [roll2]

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Sorry, it's a save. Unfortunately, it looks like you're poisoned. The Poisoned condition causes you to have Disadvantage on your attack rolls and ability checks.

You actually made the Concentration check since it is a Constitution Save. You should have +5 rather than +3.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Also, in case the map and descriptions of the rooms aren't clear, the light spell expired a little while ago. I want to make sure that's clear in case it was not.

OOC: The light spell expired, but the hearth is still lit, right? Otherwise, I am unclear why stepping in the hearth would result in fire damage. Is the room pitch black, or is it brightly lit and then dimly lit as indicated by the map? If so, what's the light source?

OOC: OK, good. I figured the hearth was still lit but then you said the light spell expired, and (good grief) the clarification confused me when I hadn't been confused before.

Brue felt like getting sick. The boils were horrific, and her stomach felt like bursting up through her throat. No, that would be a mercy. As it was, she wanted to get sick but couldn't--and that was worse. She fumbled for a torch and lit it, trying to see into the darkened area.

Forged Fury

First Post
Lowering her greatsword with one hand, Brue drew out a torch and lit it , the flame lighting up about half of the room. She realized if she wanted to see more, she would need to move from the corner. The light allowed her to see shelves stocked with alchemy and apothecary related equipment to the west of Greycastle. She could also clearly see the edge of a table that had been hidden in darkness. The table appeared to be made of wood and relatively large.

OOC: You still have a move left. Retrieving the torch and lighting it was your action and interaction for the Round.

New Map Notes:
The brown structure to the left of Greycastle is a long set of floor to ceiling shelves containing alchemy and apothecary equipment. The grey outline is the rest of the shelf you can make out in dim light.
The brown square in G3 is the edge of a table. The grey outline is the rest of the table in dim light. It appears to be 10x10.
The v and ? indicate where Brue has pinpointed Vials and whatever is with him to be, based on noise.

Basement Round 1.jpg

Brue moved to G2. She started pushing on the table, testing it to see whether it could be moved.

[roll0]

OOC: Brue probably cannot move the table this round (if it moves at all). Does the table move? Does the table provide any cover to Brue? If so, there's value in keeping it between herself and Vials.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Since you're holding both a greatsword and a torch, roll that check with disadvantage. The table will provide cover from Vials. I think he will now be out of total darkness, so he shouldn't have advantage on attacks anymore either, but I need to do go through the pain of updating the map to see. I'll do that once you roll your check. Any particular way you want to push it? It's quite heavy (DC15) and each success will let you shift the table 5' in a direction.

Last edited:

Remove ads