D&D (2024) D&D 6th edition - What do you want to see?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I like Colville's GMing advice a lot. I like his rather old school sandboxy/political 1e AD&D type approach and emphasis on player contribution over GM's story.
I don’t mind some of his advice in written summary form. 😂 it’s just him I can’t stand. Tried watching his video about Star Wars, thought maybe it was just that I found his arguments whiney and irritating, so gave him another chance on a video about dnd, still hated every second of watching him, figured it really is just him.

But let’s not derail things further. I’m glad people have lots of choices of dnd personalities to follow.

messy

Explorer
I'm happy to CDG the fallen (did it tonight, got Cleric to 0 hp & 2 failed death saves) so any player allowing additional CDG attempts vs their PC isn't playing too smart.

as far as i know, cdg means "ckill da guy." can someone clarify, please?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
as far as i know, cdg means "ckill da guy." can someone clarify, please?
I suspect you’re being facetious, but in case you aren’t, it means coup de grace. Which means “to deliver the final killing blow to an injured or otherwise incapacitated creature.”

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Does it? I haven't paid enough attention to that aspect. The Crit tables are brutal though, I know that much.

Take a look at the XP rules, they are brilliant: sort of a hybrid of traditional D&D and more modern milestones, based on story "scenes" rather than a complex math formula based off of murder or looting.

Nebulous

Legend
Take a look at the XP rules, they are brilliant: sort of a hybrid of traditional D&D and more modern milestones, based on story "scenes" rather than a complex math formula based off of murder or looting.

I'd be perfectly happy if 6e abandoned XP altogether and stuck with some sort of milestone system. I never liked the tedious math aspect.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Crunched the math, most spells you have a 0.0083333...% chance of Corruption on a d20 roll (critical failure followed by rolling 1 on a d6), though that goes up or down depending on the dice chain. Not enough to make Mage's worthless or feel worthless, but definitely enough to encourage giving the Warriors and Thieves their time in the narrative Sun.
Your arithmetic is off.

Critical failure (1/d20) is 5%; corruption (1/d6) is about 17% of that; so the overall odds of corruption are slightly below 1% per spell cast. (put another way, your decimal point is probably 2 places left of where it should be).

I know these odds well, as our melee fumble chance uses exactly the same sequence - 1/d20 followed by 1/d6 - and has for over 35 years.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases