D&D Adventurers League Open Call for Designers

Have some great ideas for adventures? "Want to hear all the great stories your friends will tell about the time they played that amazing adventure you designed for the D&D Adventurers League? Then take the first step towards being a D&D Adventurer’s League adventure designer! Check out the instructions in the Open Call for Adventure Designers and send your submission to Resource Manager, Bill Benham at submissions@dndadventurersleague.org. We will be accepting submissions for this open call until February 28th."

Have some great ideas for adventures? "Want to hear all the great stories your friends will tell about the time they played that amazing adventure you designed for the D&D Adventurers League? Then take the first step towards being a D&D Adventurer’s League adventure designer! Check out the instructions in the Open Call for Adventure Designers and send your submission to Resource Manager, Bill Benham at submissions@dndadventurersleague.org. We will be accepting submissions for this open call until February 28th."

Only 8 days left, but still plenty of time to get your entries in! You do not have to have publishing credits, but it helps! More details here. It doesn't say how much it pays, but be sure to read What's A Freelancer RPG Writer Worth? before you apply!

Open-Call-for-Adventure-Designers.jpg

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Sorry to hear. When did you send in your submission? I submitted pretty late-- haven't heard anything back yet.

Don't be sad, I would have been shocked if they picked me, as I said earlier, i wrote things down prety late and haven't had time to go through it as I should have (and even than they probably wouldn't have picked me :) )

I sent mine at the last minute, I figure that they sent me an answer early since I was one of the first rejects.

Warder

Ibn Khaldun

Explorer
...i wrote things down prety late and haven't had time to go through it as I should have...
I was the same boat in that, while I had been organizing things mentally for awhile, I only got it down on paper late. I tried to proofread it as much as possible but... like you, it was late. ;)

What were your scenarios?

jeffh

Adventurer
Not among the top 40. Which surprises me because I'm often my own worst critic but this time had an entry I really liked and would totally have used and I especially thought the wombat would push it to the next level, because wombats are awesome.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I was the same boat in that, while I had been organizing things mentally for awhile, I only got it down on paper late. I tried to proofread it as much as possible but... like you, it was late. ;)

What were your scenarios?

The first one involved a manticore manipulating an elven priestess into desecrating a temple so it could keep his ill gotten super intelligence.
The second one was a rescue scenario of three elven children from an Orc shaman his gaurds and his ally manticore in a buried abandoned temple where the walls are made out of skeletons.

Warder

Prince Atom

Explorer
I especially thought the wombat would push it to the next level, because wombats are awesome.

Gotta admit, I thought the first "wombat" was a typo until I got to the second "wombat."

And yes, wombats are awesome.

Have you read Ursula Vernon's Digger?

Still no reply to me. In hindsight, my exploration encounter is too crowded. My combat encounter is still awesome.

Ibn Khaldun

Explorer
I'm not sure I got the best grasp of what they were looking for in the exploration scenario. I would have loved to have seen an example.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Given the interest in this, it would be great if they could somehow publish adventures that people were willing to submit. Compensation would be minimal, but there would be professional vetting and editing. Maybe a compilation every month or every other month.

Not that there is any precedent for this, of course.

Remove ads

Remove ads