D&D and the rising pandemic

Pennsylvania's liquor laws are archaic and befuddling, absolutely. It didn't help that their online store was woefully unequipped to handle sales. I just ordered from local distilleries until the stores reopened.

Here in PA, they shut down the liquor stores at the start of quarantine, but beer stores were considered "essential" and stayed open. I thought that was weird, but no more weird that the fact that PA already requires them to be two different stores (and beer can't be sold at most supermarkets and no convenience stores).

Zardnaar

Legend
They shut the booze shops here but supermarkets sell beer and wine.

They eventually started delivering spirits.

Illegal drugs were in short supply as dealers couldn't get supplies under lockdown.

One province had booze stores open as they're not allowed to be for profit and count as charities which were essential.

Wife works for freight company to the drivers were buying spirits there and supplying friends and family via delivery.

All contact free;).

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Certainly.

My maternal grandmother was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was told to go home and put her affairs in order.

...ten years later, she died on Christmas.

I was just pointing out a difference in how using carefully chosen words in a stressful situation differs from being cavalier with your language.

Ah. I misunderstood the purpose of your example. I agree 100% with your statement “carefully chosen words ...”

Be Safe, Be Well,
Tom Bitonti

GreyLord

Legend
It is a big outbreak. People won't stay home or wear masks. Marijuana dealers are considered essential here, and are still open.

I'm safe. I've stayed home for 3 months, now. I wish we could be opening up, but these people won't stay home, making me have to longer.

Lucky.
I do not quite understand this but the same is going on in our area. Some store owners opened and dared the police to ticket them, and the police of course did not. Now our cases are starting to go up exponentially again, though not as high as yours. We've had several dozen cases in the past week already, up from almost zero the weeks prior.

cmad1977

Hero
I do not quite understand this but the same is going on in our area. Some store owners opened and dared the police to ticket them, and the police of course did not. Now our cases are starting to go up exponentially again, though not as high as yours. We've had several dozen cases in the past week already, up from almost zero the weeks prior.

My freedom to infect others outweighs everything else I guess.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Sorry, the layout of that post you were quoting was following the layout of the person i had quoted. I was saying that the person I was quoting was lucky for not having a ton of cases in their area.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
The state of the pandemic in Canada:

Ontario and Quebec's active case count has plateaued in the last week. With reopening both could rise again at any time but for now it looks fine.

The rest of the country has very few active cases (around 500 total).

102630151_10219929031449023_2927882834930565120_n.jpg

Remove ads