D&D and the rising pandemic

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I think we have the results...

Probably my natural pessimism but, I have this lingering suspicion that this will all sneak back in a big way as the 'old news COVID' tries to work its way back into the American news cycle.

Not saying the other stuff dominating the news isn't important by any means. It is. Just, I worry about stuff sometimes is all.

I think the 24-hour news cycle was a big mistake.

Probably my natural pessimism but, I have this lingering suspicion that this will all sneak back in a big way as the 'old news COVID' tries to work its way back into the American news cycle.

Not saying the other stuff dominating the news isn't important by any means. It is. Just, I worry about stuff sometimes is all.

I'm more worried that people will misrepresent the time delay and blame all the new cases on protests and not on reduced restrictions.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I'm more worried that people will misrepresent the time delay and blame all the new cases on protests and not on reduced restrictions.
I went to a protest yesterday in my town to support BLM, and I was surprised to see that everyone was wearing a mask, in a town where masks aren't required, and less than half of the population of my city has said that they wear masks.

Protests can and will spread Covid-19 if they're not properly protected with masks and social distancing.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Caveat: since I just got these nose pieces a day or so ago, I obviously haven’t tried them out yet. But they seem firmer than the ones in the cheapo generic disposable masks we bought to supplement our small stash of noticeably better name-brand disposable masks. The generics almost refuse to stay in place, but the name-brand ones sit like a well-trained dog.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Protests can and will spread Covid-19 if they're not properly protected with masks and social distancing.

Yeah. If you have a week with thousands of people gathering, and they aren't protected...

...And they are getting hit with tear gas and such so they are crying coughing, and spewing mucus...

You are apt to get a spike out of that, too. Spikes in cases for EVERYONE!

Last edited:

Remove ads