• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Basic PDF - 3 MB (They're released!)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Do any of you know if the Basic set download will be available from dndclassics.com, the wizards.com website, or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Do any of you know if the Basic set download will be available from dndclassics.com, the wizards.com website, or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Previously, I've seen them point people to the wizards site (specifically, I saw them mention dungeonsanddragons.com, which redirects to wizards.com/dnd).

Thaumaturge.

Emerikol

Adventurer
If you wanted to be nice, and avoid getting trampled by the mob ;-), how long after the link goes out should I wait for the heat to die down a bit. If it lands at 9am pacific time, is waiting till 5pm okay or should I wait longer?

Raith5

Adventurer
If you wanted to be nice, and avoid getting trampled by the mob ;-), how long after the link goes out should I wait for the heat to die down a bit. If it lands at 9am pacific time, is waiting till 5pm okay or should I wait longer?

You should not be worried about being trampled!

emirikol-the-chaotic.jpeg

Emerikol

Adventurer
You should not be worried about being trampled!

View attachment 62515

I thought it would be rude if I said -- Instead of having to slaughter a bunch of hapless low level commoners as they try to fight their way past me to the pdf, I've decided to allow a cooling off period before entering the fray. All in the cause of limiting bloodshed. I thought putting it that way might be rude so I chose less obvious "trampled".

I'm chaotic but I'm chaotic good on Thursdays.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Don't worry, I've recruited a few hundred thousand computers to ping the Wizards server. That way the server knows this is really important, and should speed up!

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Don't worry, I've recruited a few hundred thousand computers to ping the Wizards server. That way the server knows this is really important, and should speed up!

Good call. I'm constantly refreshing hours early to help the servers warm-up. We don't want them getting a cramp!

Thaumaturge.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
There's also a huge difference between scanning something in and converting it, and exporting it straight from InDesign (or whatever layout program they use).
I'm fairly sure they use InDesign on Macintoshes.

To pick an example almost completely at random, Zeitgeist Adventure #7, Schism, for 4th Edition, weighed in at 93 pages and features a goodly amount of art (including maps). The "low-res" version is 10 MB (images downsampled to 96 dpi), the "high-res" version is nearly 18 MB (images at 200 dpi), and the "print on-demand" version is over 37 MB (images at 300 dpi). So the presence of images does make a significant difference, but as mentioned the export settings in InDesign (I use InDesign for Windows) do too.

Yora

Legend
Should't it be legal to mirror the file and redistribute it through torrent?
Wasn't an option for the playtests, as those were technically available only to a closed group, even though everyone who applied for it was automatically admitted.
But if it's just a free download from their website, it shouldn't be an issue.

Remove ads