• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Basic PDF - 3 MB (They're released!)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Due to constantly refreshing the Wizards page, the D&D Basic pdf has now appeared.

It's about 3 MB and 110 pages.

Cool!

Cheers!

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
I am guessing we are 9 or 10 hours out yet at least. They probably want to have their tech folks on hand in case there is a meltdown.

edit: there not their - my goodness - I should go to bed!

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I am guessing we are 9 or 10 hours out yet at least. They probably want to have their tech folks on hand in case their is a meltdown.

Absolutely. Which will make it about midnight where I am (Ballarat, Australia).

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
"Our plan is to get the Basic Rules up on July 3rd during our business hours. That's as close as I can get to pinpointing a time." - Wizards_DnD tweet.

pogre

Legend
"Our plan is to get the Basic Rules up on July 3rd during our business hours. That's as close as I can get to pinpointing a time." - Wizards_DnD tweet.

There you go. I was just guessing.

I am ridiculously excited for the release of these rules. Whatever WOTC did to market this version worked very well on me. Amazing, because I have been playing from darn near the beginning in the mid-70'S!

I even watched the group play through the first encounter on youtube - just so I could see the map of the first adventure and start casting some Hirst Arts to match. My sons are vaguely aware of the new edition, but it's going to be awesome to spring it on them tomorrow!

Lucas Yew

Explorer
Wow, 3MB only? Now that's a pleasant surprise.
Was hoping for it to be no bigger than 50MB or higher, after purchasing the BECMI Rules Encyclopedia PDF...

Remove ads