D&D 5E D&D Beyond Giving Away Acquisitions Inc and Phandelver For Free!

The ownership of D&D Beyond formally switches over to Wizards of the Coast this week, following WotC's recent acquisition of the platform for $146M. To mark this occasion, they're giving away two D&D books in digital format -- 2019's comedic Aquisitions Incorporated (because DDB was 'acquired', presumably?) and the D&D Starter Kit adventure Lost Mines of Phandelver.

The switchover to WotC happens tomorrow, Tuesday 18th. As of today, D&D Beyond is also retiring Volo’s Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, while a new Starter Set is coming later this year.

You can claim Acquisitions Incorporated one week, from May 19th through to May 26th; Phandelver will be available for free to everybody from now on.

637248096401764265.jpeg
dice6_8040490d-bf0d-4df4-9ac9-77f952eb4612_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Acquisitions Incorporated -- When you’re just starting out in the adventuring business, it might be nice to have a leg up. It can be a big help to have access to the powerful artifacts, expertise, and jobs that Acquisitions Incorporated (Acq Inc) has to offer a new franchise. Join Omin Dran, Jim Darkmagic, and Viari like never before with the new Acquisitions Incorporated campaign book for Dungeons & Dragons! Set yourself up for success when pursuing your own fantasy-business endeavors, using all the ingredients you need to include Acquisitions Incorporated in your D&D campaign, to establish your own franchise, and take on specialized roles therein. Plus, there are always openings coming available… Just try not to think about why.

Lost Mine of Phandelver -- One of the first D&D 5E adventures, this is part of the D&D Starter Set. It is used to introduce new players to the game.

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
My best bud, of more than 16 years, got me the Acquisitions Incorporated book as a Christmas gift last year after I gifted him the Taldorei Campaign Setting Reborn book for Christmas since he's a BIG Crit Role fan. (I gave him the choice of either getting me Netherdeep or Acquisitions Incorporated and that was the book he chose for me. Plus I get to have the PDF of Taldorei anyway so it works out).

I like the Acquisitions Incorporated book. I don't watch AI, but I do like how the book has 5E's subsystem for what is basically the old school Base/Fortresses that your PCs could get in 1E/2E. Which also serves as the business rules for 5E and probably work great if you combine it together with the Tavern in Waterdeep Heist. And there are job positions/roles that you can get that you can have for your Franchises/Businesses and have some benefits/effects as well. Also, it actually explains, in its Airship what the Ability Scores represent for Airships in general. So, an Airship with a high STR score means it's a huge honking ship. An Airship with low STR, but high DEX/CON means its speedy but also sturdier with its construction build and also smaller in size.

Which also means, you can apply a similar logic to Airships that have high INT/WIS/CHA scores as well. A high CHA Airship has a reputation and is seen with awe/dread by people. A high WIS score for an Airship means that its crew/bridge is good at spotting things. Etc, etc, etc. (of course, Airships with an INT/WIS/CHA seem like they would ONLY apply to unique/hero/rival Airships/vessels and not everyday ones.)

Plus, it has a flipping Mecha Beholder as an Airship option. (of course, there's only TWO Airship stat blocks presented in the whole book, but still. That will SURELY work fine in the upcoming Spelljammer book.)

J.Quondam

CR 1/8

I dont use my DDB account much, so it took me a few minutes to figure this out since there's a step missing. So here's a quick how-to for other slowpokes like me:
  1. Click your user name in upper-right of the DDB page.
  2. Select "Account" from pop-up menu.
  3. Select "Marketplace" tab.
  4. The "Sync Entitlements" button is near the top of that tab.
If you don't see that button, it means your entitlements are already synced (sunc?). Scroll to the bottom "Licenses" section to see them.
You're good to go!

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Which also means, you can apply a similar logic to Airships that have high INT/WIS/CHA scores as well. A high CHA Airship has a reputation and is seen with awe/dread by people. A high WIS score for an Airship means that its crew/bridge is good at spotting things. Etc, etc, etc. (of course, Airships with an INT/WIS/CHA seem like they would ONLY apply to unique/hero/rival Airships/vessels and not everyday ones.)
Actually, in 5e, vehicles very specifically DON'T have mental ability scores (INT/WIS/CHA), only having physical ones listed (STR/DEX/CON). Kind of a reversal of how sentient magic items in 5e ONLY have mental ability scores listed, and not the physical ones.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases