D&D 5E D&D Beyond Giving Away Acquisitions Inc and Phandelver For Free!

The ownership of D&D Beyond formally switches over to Wizards of the Coast this week, following WotC's recent acquisition of the platform for $146M. To mark this occasion, they're giving away two D&D books in digital format -- 2019's comedic Aquisitions Incorporated (because DDB was 'acquired', presumably?) and the D&D Starter Kit adventure Lost Mines of Phandelver.

The switchover to WotC happens tomorrow, Tuesday 18th. As of today, D&D Beyond is also retiring Volo’s Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, while a new Starter Set is coming later this year.

You can claim Acquisitions Incorporated one week, from May 19th through to May 26th; Phandelver will be available for free to everybody from now on.

637248096401764265.jpeg
dice6_8040490d-bf0d-4df4-9ac9-77f952eb4612_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Acquisitions Incorporated -- When you’re just starting out in the adventuring business, it might be nice to have a leg up. It can be a big help to have access to the powerful artifacts, expertise, and jobs that Acquisitions Incorporated (Acq Inc) has to offer a new franchise. Join Omin Dran, Jim Darkmagic, and Viari like never before with the new Acquisitions Incorporated campaign book for Dungeons & Dragons! Set yourself up for success when pursuing your own fantasy-business endeavors, using all the ingredients you need to include Acquisitions Incorporated in your D&D campaign, to establish your own franchise, and take on specialized roles therein. Plus, there are always openings coming available… Just try not to think about why.

Lost Mine of Phandelver -- One of the first D&D 5E adventures, this is part of the D&D Starter Set. It is used to introduce new players to the game.

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
Actually, in 5e, vehicles very specifically DON'T have mental ability scores (INT/WIS/CHA), only having physical ones listed (STR/DEX/CON). Kind of a reversal of how sentient magic items in 5e ONLY have mental ability scores listed, and not the physical ones.
I get that, but that's why, like I said, an Airship having an INT/WIS/CHA score would only be for special ones.

jasper

Rotten DM
I dont use my DDB account much, so it took me a few minutes to figure this out since there's a step missing. So here's a quick how-to for other slowpokes like me:
  1. Click your user name in upper-right of the DDB page.
  2. Select "Account" from pop-up menu.
  3. Select "Marketplace" tab.
  4. The "Sync Entitlements" button is near the top of that tab.
If you don't see that button, it means your entitlements are already synced (sunc?). Scroll to the bottom "Licenses" section to see them.
You're good to go!
this works

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Strange, I don't recall claiming it and I know I never purchased it, but when I logged into today and go to the market place I see the "you have it all" under source books and when I go to the marketplace tab in my account settings it shows the grant type for Acq Inc as purchase.

Enjoyed reading through it on DDB. It was the only source book I passed on.

Hmmm...I note that Acq Inc shows "purchase" but Lost Mines of Phandelver shows "comped." I really don't remember purchasing it and I remember fairly recently that searches would sometimes pull up content that I couldn't access because it was in Acq Inc. For those who recently claimed it, does the grant type show as purchased or comped?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Strange, I don't recall claiming it and I know I never purchased it, but when I logged into today and go to the market place I see the "you have it all" under source books and when I go to the marketplace tab in my account settings it shows the grant type for Acq Inc as purchase.

Enjoyed reading through it on DDB. It was the only source book I passed on.

Hmmm...I note that Acq Inc shows "purchase" but Lost Mines of Phandelver shows "comped." I really don't remember purchasing it and I remember fairly recently that searches would sometimes pull up content that I couldn't access because it was in Acq Inc. For those who recently claimed it, does the grant type show as purchased or comped?

You have to claim Acquisitions Inc. by a certain date (the 26th, I think) and it costs $0.

Lost mines is just added to everybody - as free content. No need to do anything.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
You have to claim Acquisitions Inc. by a certain date (the 26th, I think) and it costs $0.

Lost mines is just added to everybody - as free content. No need to do anything.
I must have claimed it. I just don't remember doing it. :-\

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Are any of your characters in a campaign of someone else? And is there someone in that campaign that has bought Acq. Inc. and has Content Sharing enabled for the campaign? Because that could explain it.

And if that's the case, better make sure to claim it. Otherwise if content sharing is turned off, or of the person who actually owns the book leaves the campaign (decouples it from their account) - you won't have access anymore!

Rob Twohy

Villager
The ownership of D&D Beyond formally switches over to Wizards of the Coast this week, following WotC's recent acquisition of the platform for $146M. To mark this occasion, they're giving away two D&D books in digital format -- 2019's comedic Aquisitions Incorporated (because DDB was 'acquired', presumably?) and the D&D Starter Kit adventure Lost Mines of Phandelver.

The switchover to WotC happens tomorrow, Tuesday 18th. As of today, D&D Beyond is also retiring Volo’s Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, while a new Starter Set is coming later this year.

You can claim Acquisitions Incorporated one week, from May 19th through to May 26th; Phandelver will be available for free to everybody from now on.

Acquisitions Incorporated -- When you’re just starting out in the adventuring business, it might be nice to have a leg up. It can be a big help to have access to the powerful artifacts, expertise, and jobs that Acquisitions Incorporated (Acq Inc) has to offer a new franchise. Join Omin Dran, Jim Darkmagic, and Viari like never before with the new Acquisitions Incorporated campaign book for Dungeons & Dragons! Set yourself up for success when pursuing your own fantasy-business endeavors, using all the ingredients you need to include Acquisitions Incorporated in your D&D campaign, to establish your own franchise, and take on specialized roles therein. Plus, there are always openings coming available… Just try not to think about why.

Lost Mine of Phandelver -- One of the first D&D 5E adventures, this is part of the D&D Starter Set. It is used to introduce new players to the gam
Any registered user can claim a copy of Acquisitions Incorporated between 5/19/2022 and 5/26/2022.

Additionally, Lost Mines of Phandelver will be available, for free, to all users - 5/19/22 forward.

I'm not very familiar with Acquisitions Inc. but Lost Mines of Phandelver is an excellent starter adventure, and really one of the best 5e adventures overall.

Source
Any word on those of us who paid getting a refund?

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
Unrelated to any issues present on the web version, is anyone having trouble accessing these products on the app? They don't show up at all, marketplace or library, at least on my end (admittedly I'm using an Amazon Fire that I forcibly downloaded Google Play onto, but it still keeps things up-to-date and they function fine since the Fire uses the Android architecture). Are some things available off the website not meant to be available on the app for some reason?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases