D&D 5E D&D Beyond Revisits Popular Feats

The folks over at D&D Beyond have revisited the stats in the most popular feats used by class on the DDB platform. It looks like the percentage of characters using feats has increased slightly. Here are the most popular feats in 2018 and now. And here are the top feats for each class in 2018 and now.

The folks over at D&D Beyond have revisited the stats in the most popular feats used by class on the DDB platform.

It looks like the percentage of characters using feats has increased slightly.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 12.44.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 12.46.13 PM.png

Here are the most popular feats in 2018 and now.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 12.47.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 12.48.19 PM.png

And here are the top feats for each class in 2018 and now.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 12.49.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 12.49.55 PM.png

Coroc

Hero
Most charms target Wisdom saving throws though.
I cannot say atm, but I think charm person e.g. targets Cha, also Madness checks target cha or was it horror?
I cannot look it up but there are some spells in 5e which to my astonishment are targeting cha now (As if it is not the most upgraded stat of them all, next to dexterity in this edition)

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
I cannot say atm, but I think charm person e.g. targets Cha

Charms are all WIS.

CHA saves are only used for a few spells, like Bane, Banishment, and Magic Jar, and a few monster abilities, like a ghost's Possession.

Madness effects can require either a WIS or CHA save.

Coroc

Hero
Charms are all WIS.

CHA saves are only used for a few spells, like Bane, Banishment, and Magic Jar, and a few monster abilities, like a ghost's Possession.

Madness effects can require either a WIS or CHA save.

Here we go, I was wrong with charm person but Cha is the save for

Calm Emotions (enchantment)
Divine Word (evo)
Force cage (evo)
Hallow (evo)
Magic circle (abj.) (subcondition extraplanar creature tries to teleport or the like) Nice idea for summoned PCs btw. I have to keep that trick in mind
Planar binding (abj.)
Plane shift
Seeming (illu)
Shape change
Symbol of Hopelessness
Zone of Truth

in addition to your examples above.

It is important for these items

Mirror of Life trapping
Sentient items trying to contest you

NotAYakk

Legend
Could you make a thread on this, it sounds very interesting, you can hide it as spoilers for your group so they do not accidently read it?
Are you talking about the advancement mechanism (which is really simple; XP chart gets exponentially slow as you gain levels, plus slightly modified gritty rests; but each MacGuffin unlocks a +1 level), or the campaign arc I'm planning?

The campaign arc is in development:
Basically, it is an excuse to get every PC riding a dragons.
Advancement mechanics:
If it takes lg_2(weeks) adventuring (including rests) to reach a level, and there is a 1 year countdown clock, natural leveling will reach level 5 +/- 1.

The initial adventure is about finding the first MacGuffin, where the PCs are presumed to win. This gives them +1 level instantly (from the milestone), a serious boon (to one pseudo-random PC; I'm planning a Cha check mediated by distance), and information about 2-4 other MacGuffins.

Throw in up to 13 milestones (MacGuffins). "Winning" is +1 level.

Hunting down the people who beat you to a MacGuffin is the next phase. You might get 1/2 of the level when you "lose", and 1/2 when you beat them; or just wait until you beat them.

So the party can hit level 18 +/- 1 after wrapping up the MacGuffin part of the campaign. Which then opens up the end game.

Have 1-3 milestones that are unlocked once the MacGuffins are out of play, and climax at 20.

Of course, what are the odds I actually hit 20? ;)

Zardnaar

Legend
Main point is for concentration checks cons important and I prefer being proficient in charisma over strength.

And in terms of pure Spellcaster there's only one proficient in con saves.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Main point is for concentration checks cons important and I prefer being proficient in charisma over strength.

And in terms of pure Spellcaster there's only one proficient in con saves.

Sure, but how often does a sorcerer really get hit?

Remove ads

Remove ads