D&D 5E D&D Beyond Self-Censorship: Pride Month Digital Dice Blocked In Some Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest 7034872

Also to give an update on the situation: Since I couldn't get a lot of traction from Twitter, I submitted a ticket to D&D Beyond asking whether they could reconsider their regional content blocking policy (at least for Turkey). If I get an answer, I'll write it here.
I really think darjr had a god idea with his suggestion that you approach some sympathetic people inside WotC personally; in my experience, that usually gets the fastest and most satisfying action.

If I remember correctly, either darjr himself or some other members here know some of the WotC folks personally, so perhaps a supporting email from one of them could grease the wheels, too.

Ondath

Hero
I really think darjr had a god idea with his suggestion that you approach some sympathetic people inside WotC personally; in my experience, that usually gets the fastest and most satisfying action.

If I remember correctly, either darjr himself or some other members here know some of the WotC folks personally, so perhaps a supporting email from one of them could grease the wheels, too.
Darjr retweeted my initial message to D&D Beyond (for which I'm super grateful), but this might be an option if other avenues fail!

Dukey

Villager
Challenging moderation
There's unfortunately also censorship on enworld. And if you link to a news article, you are accused of spreading false info. Very troublesome.

Edit: Dont give me false warnings in the first place !!!

Last edited:

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
There's unfortunately also censorship on enworld. And if you link to a news article, you are accused of spreading false info. Very troublesome.
To be fair, your post and the link are still available in that other thread. Nothing was "censored."

Dukey

Villager
Challenging moderation
To be fair, your post and the link are still available in that other thread. Nothing was "censored."
Not true. They censored me by 1. giving me a totally unfair warning, 2. denying me the ability to post additional reactions in that thread, and 3. the mod note reaction in red and the false notification at my post for everyone to see.

Dukey

Villager
Please don't turn this thread into a soapbox for whatever beef you have with the moderators.
That is not my intention at all. I stated my message as info, that's all I wanted. Please feel free to ignore it.

Edit: F*ck the woke gestapo mods.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Mod Note:
Challenging moderation in discussion threads is not acceptable, per the site terms and rules.

Do we cut people off when they start posting intolerant, bigoted nonsense? Yes, we do!

Anyone who has a problem with that can have a discussion with the site owner, who will probably have less patience with you than I will, to be honest. You are now also done in this thread. That's strike two, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads