• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Character Generator FULL Version is OUT!!!

Obryn

Hero
Too bad it freezes up my system when I try to run it...
Are you on XP or Vista?

If you're on Vista, try to right click the icon and Run as Administrator. I think the update process is running afoul of Vista's security features.

If you're on XP, I don't know a quick, two-second fix. :) It will require troubleshooting.

-O

Nytmare

David Jose
XP, Beta is uninstalled.

I'm further than I was before. Now it freezes up while trying to download the update instead.

Shadowsmith

Explorer
Make sure you uninstall the Beta version before installing the full version. If you tried installing over the Beta version, uninstall the full version and the Beta version, then install the full version.

If your sharing an account with someone can you both download it or is it limited to one PC?
You get 5 activations of the database downloading process per account, and they refresh when the database is updated monthly.

You might want to be careful with this, though.

I share my account with my two roommates, and we ran into a problem with the activation limit. My first roommate had no trouble installing it, but my updater was having problems applying the patch and would cancel out, so I had to uninstall and reinstall the character builder. It worked fine for me the second time.

When my second roommate installed it, he ran into the same problem, reinstalled, ran into it again, and then when he tried reinstalling it the third time it said that we had used up our activations for the month - apparently, the failed installs (mine and his) counted as activations.

I'll have to check what their policy is on shared accounts before I file a tech-support request - we all share an IP so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads