D&D 5E D&D compared to Bespoke Genre TTRPGs

loverdrive

Prophet of the profane (She/Her)
Now I suppose I will have to read it damn you! ;)

EDIT: Never mind, video game. lol. Sounds like one of the more interesting CRPGs, but usually I just get bored of them after a few hours. Nothing can replace a good human GM.
It's not a CRPG, and while it is commonly classified as "Action RPG", the RPG part in videogames mostly applies to leveling up, not actual roleplaying.

It's also an interesting case, because feeling of utter insignificance of humanity never goes away, despite the fact that you're beating the naughty word out of Great Old Ones during the course of the game.

It's not a CRPG, and while it is commonly classified as "Action RPG", the RPG part in videogames mostly applies to leveling up, not actual roleplaying.

It's also an interesting case, because feeling of utter insignificance of humanity never goes away, despite the fact that you're beating the naughty word out of Great Old Ones during the course of the game.
I think most people would class it as a "Soulslike" rather than "Action RPG" these days, to avoid anyone thinking it was like Diablo-style game. They desperately need to put it on PC, frankly. It would sell ridiculous copies at this point.

I think most people would class it as a "Soulslike" rather than "Action RPG" these days, to avoid anyone thinking it was like Diablo-style game. They desperately need to put it on PC, frankly. It would sell ridiculous copies at this point.
Yeah, I have no intention of forking out $500 for a PS5 or whatever when I have a perfectly good PC that is probably more powerful than that (well, I might need to upgrade, lol). Consoles are fun, just wouldn't really use it enough to justify, though maybe once the old iMac that is our 'TV' dies, well we'll need a device to do streaming, and if it just HAPPENS to play games... :devilish:

Remove ads