WotC D&D Direct—Video Event From WotC Coming Next Week

WotC has just announced D&D Direct, a 30-minute video presentation of upcoming plans for D&D.

The Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to announce that D&D Direct is scheduled for Tuesday, March 28 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

Tune in to watch a jam-packed 30-minute video presentation to see exclusive reveals from Wizards of the Coast and its partners, including the latest about the World’s Greatest Roleplaying Game along with entertainment tie-ins with the upcoming release of Paramount's Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, video game reveals, and more, guided by hosts Gina Darling (@MissGinaDarling) and Ify Nwadiwe (@IfyNwadiwe).

D&D Direct will broadcast on the D&D YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/DNDWizards) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/dnd) channels.

Last edited by a moderator:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Have we heard anything from Gail Gygax in the last couple of years? I'm not sure anyone would be excited about a Castle Greyhawk product that was just a reprint of Castle Greyhawk, Ruins of Greyhawk or Return to Castle Greyhawk. And probably the most qualified person to do something otherwise has been over at Paizo for years now.
The only thing that would excite me about a Castle Greyhawk book would be if they did a large coffee-table books with a history of the setting, articles by various members of the old guard who played in Gary's games and some articles by more recent designers, scans of Gary's original notes, followed by a 5e-compatible version. But this would be a massive and expensive book. I'm not sure it would be profitable enough. Goodman Games has been doing well with the Reincarnated series, but I suspect those are not bringing in the profits that WotC would need to print it themselves.

I'm less interested in the adventure/setting itself as something to run and more interested in it as a piece of history. As for actually playing it? I doubt it would have aged well. It would likely be just another gonzo megadungeon.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases