WotC D&D Direct—Video Event From WotC Coming Next Week

WotC has just announced D&D Direct, a 30-minute video presentation of upcoming plans for D&D. The Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to announce that D&D Direct is scheduled for Tuesday, March 28 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time. Tune in to watch a jam-packed 30-minute video presentation to see exclusive reveals from Wizards of the Coast and its partners, including the...

WotC has just announced D&D Direct, a 30-minute video presentation of upcoming plans for D&D.

The Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to announce that D&D Direct is scheduled for Tuesday, March 28 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

Tune in to watch a jam-packed 30-minute video presentation to see exclusive reveals from Wizards of the Coast and its partners, including the latest about the World’s Greatest Roleplaying Game along with entertainment tie-ins with the upcoming release of Paramount's Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, video game reveals, and more, guided by hosts Gina Darling (@MissGinaDarling) and Ify Nwadiwe (@IfyNwadiwe).

D&D Direct will broadcast on the D&D YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/DNDWizards) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/dnd) channels.

That door is not totally closed. Maybe there are song and steel dragons, but officially their existence should be a secret. And there are rumorus about a musical band whose members are song dragons (a special reincarnation as reward because in their previous lifes they were fabulous artists). The name of the group is "Jem and the Holograms". It could be an animated production, where the first scene is they exiting from the eggs, and they meet Fizban the fabulous. And they are furious because now they are "reptilian pokemons". I mean in the hands of the right screenwritters, it could be a very funny parody of the isekai about reincarnations.

I'm honestly not sure there's much to leak. Maybe the title of the Phandelver book, and maybe the same for the Planescape product. But unless they spring a surprise on us we already know the full release slate til the end of the year, and I don't think they'll be announcing 2024 products before we've finished with March 2023.

I'm mostly interested in what we hear about Planescape. Spelljammer's lack of content and page count was widely panned and its sales were reportedly disappointing, and given Planescape is the next product in the 3-book-slipcase format, it'll be interesting to see what changes have been made.

100% agreed, although a surprise addition to 2023's release schedule isn't impossiblity, given MtG just announced an extra major set, Commander Masters with 4 expensive Commander Decks, something like that could happen D&D side too.

Plus as part of the Honor Among Thieves stuff, I suspect that the official announcement for the MtG Honor Among Thieves Secret Lair will be announced.

It was leaked so we know its coming.

Remove ads

Remove ads