D&D 5E D&D doesn't need birds

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Somewhere near my bedroom window is a "song"bird with the ability to annul Sleep in an aura, not the RAW one action per individual roused.
That is so overpowered.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I always figured it was one of those things where 1% of players thought birds are really cool, always wondered what it would be like to fly, go birdwatching, etc.

A game with 45 years of lore is going to have something for everyone if you look back far enough. Weren't there feather mages in Maztica?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
d20 Legend fo the 5 rings had a race here seem to want the bird to be - was it called Kenku? Anyway, it had absolutely superb flying abilities and was next to useless on adventures on the ground. This was a VERY BAD idea! Basically, gameplay got divided into 2 sphere, one where all players but the kenku could leave the table, and the other where the kenku could leave the table. Each group was so much better at their chosen movement that the others were more of a hindrance. Not fun. It might be simulationist (simulating what, exactly?) but was the opposite of heroic and fun.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
And we counter with the Aarakocra being based on a goose or swan.

Welcome to try, tabaxi. Not gonna to get away from that "Here only to cause problems" energy

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
We could start in on Tortles. Apparently the optimal races mechanically are Barbarians, Druids, and Rangers, on account of AC bonuses, or else Fighters or Clerics.

But, what's the most popular? Monk.

I may go for some pizza now...

Remove ads