D&D General D&D Endless Quest Books, Which was your favorite?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I only ever had Dungeon of Dread and Mountain of Mirrors. And I had the latter much longer because I loved it so much, but eventually lost that one too. But to this day there is a decent chance players will encounter a Blink Lynx over the course of a campaign.

lynx bbcbigcats GIF by BBC

I re-read? re-played? Pillars of Pentagarn recently and felt like it was more open-ended, allowing for different solutions. That being said, its reliance on NPCs could be tough for adventure design.

Raid on Nightmare Castle has enough information in it to map out its locations, and that cover is tops. I do love those covers - even the different little gems in the corner of each.

I could see Revolt of the Dwarves being interesting, since you don't normally see mountain/hill dwarves depicted as the bad guys.

Voadam

Legend
Dungeon of Dread. I really liked the fighter point of view. Some in the series get a bit too much kid POV for my taste.

I had somewhere between a half dozen and a dozen of these. I gave most of them to my son but he did not get into them the way I did as a kid.

Great covers. A lot of great art. I can remember making characters based off of every dwarf on the cover of Revolt of the Dwarves.

Remove ads