D&D General D&D Endless Quest Books, Which was your favorite?

Sacrosanct

Legend
And which would make the best short adventures if you ran them?

1648583063558.png

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Light on Quests Mountain was always my favorite, but that's because it's the Gamma World one.

I'm not sure which one would make the best adventure - I think I'd need to go back and reread them (my childhood/early teen years are so full of Endless Quest/Fighting Fantasy/Blood Sword/etc. adventure game books that I'm not sure I know the plots to any of them up there except for Light on Quests Mountain).

I bought all the collection that was translated into Spanish. My favorite character was from "the mountain of the mirrors".

My vote is for "Under Dragon's Wings".

If Hasbro has got a youtube channel where old cartoons are broadcasted freely, why not an app to download interactive gamebooks to be readen by children in a tablet?

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
This post just makes me sad that I once had the entire collection, but gave it away many years ago. Can't remember which was my favourite, though... or much about individual storylines.

RobJN

Adventurer
Favorite? Its a toss up.

Dungeon of Dread, because it was the first one I got (birthday? Christmas? I don't remember)

Return to Brookmere because it made many of the monsters more than just something to stick a sword into.

Either one of those -- site-based -- would make for a decent-ish adventure

GreyLord

Legend
My favorites in order probably would be

1. Dragon of Doom
2. Mountain of Mirrors
3. Pillars of Pentagarn

The first 6 by Rose Estes were the best with the exception of Book 13 (Dragon of Doom).

I have (and still have) up to book 34 (Claw of the Dragon).

They had other Endless Quests books published later (I don't have most of those) which included

[Dungeon of Fear, Castle of Undead, Secret of the Djinn, Siege of the Tower, A Wild Ride, Forest of Darkness, Night of the Tiger]

The best Endless quest wasn't really Endless Quest. They started as Super Endless Quest books (I got the original because it was a Dragonlance Book, and I LOVED Dragonlance at the time) but then evolved into AD&D gamebooks.

There were 18 of them, I managed to get (And still have) that entire series. Selecting the best ones of those would be harder.

Then there are the new ones (6 thus far, or at least I have 6 of them). I'd put them more on par with Spell of the Winter Wizard (which is NOT one of my favorite Endless Quest books).

Remove ads