• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Icons of the Realms Starter Sets have arrived

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I stopped getting minis a while ago, mainly cos I have enough.

What is this "enough" of which you speak?
Some mythical number between "my wife will leave me if I get any more" and infinity.

I have found that they are like dice. Just because I have too many for the amount of space I have for storing them does not mean that I don't need more. I currently have more than a complete set of all theWotC preprinted figures, including the 5 Command sets. And now I have to start on the new WizKids sets. I wonder what an addition to the house will cost?

Xodis

First Post
I gotta say, in the era of X-Wing miniatures those paint jobs look really rough.

I know right!! This is why I feel like a snob, I know better paint jobs can be had on both complete minis and ones I can paint myself. Just wish they put more effort into them, although that would raise the price so.... to each their own I guess.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I know right!! This is why I feel like a snob, I know better paint jobs can be had on both complete minis and ones I can paint myself. Just wish they put more effort into them, although that would raise the price so.... to each their own I guess.
Ok. These are $3.33 or so each. An unpainted Reaper Bones figure is in the neighborhood of $2.25. That's just over a dollar for the paint job.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
How does one get a gargantuan promo figure?
The gargantuan incentive promo is a limited figure. We can order 1 for each case of boosters, and likewise will at first sell them with the complete case of 32 boosters. I don't know how other stores plan to handle it.

Mirtek

Hero
How does one get a gargantuan promo figure?
Ebay. Should be pretty easy. I made the mistake of ordering a full case of boosters of the first pathfinder minis, since i was foolish enough to believe these promos would be rare. Well, long story short it was all over ebay (and is still available today) same with any other "must order a full case to get this" promo minis they have released since then. Just recently I bought the gargantuan dragolich mini für $40 on ebay without every buying a single other minis from it's set

CM

Adventurer
Ebay. Should be pretty easy. I made the mistake of ordering a full case of boosters of the first pathfinder minis, since i was foolish enough to believe these promos would be rare. Well, long story short it was all over ebay (and is still available today) same with any other "must order a full case to get this" promo minis they have released since then. Just recently I bought the gargantuan dragolich mini für $40 on ebay without every buying a single other minis from it's set

The gargantuan incentive promo is a limited figure. We can order 1 for each case of boosters, and likewise will at first sell them with the complete case of 32 boosters. I don't know how other stores plan to handle it.

Thanks guys. Having to get a full case of boosters sounds obscenely expensive at 32 per case. I'll have to watch the secondary markets.:-S

TYDOGG

First Post
Tiamat

I read a form from WoTC it said Tiamat was the promo also being re-released later in that other set, if you google it I believe a link to that page from wotc is still around, mistake on their part releasing it.. I'd still lean towards it being Tiamat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads