D&D is awesome

Phaezen

First Post
Throwing a fellow party member presently wild shaped into a tortoise at a caster, only to have that member wild shape into a bear seconds from impact is awesome.

A druid wildshaping into a bird, flying above an enemy and shaping into a bear about 10 feet above his head is aweseome. The resulting fall setting off the enemies set of explosive oil vials was hilariously awesome.

Phaezen

Betote

First Post
A druid wildshaping into a bird, flying above an enemy and shaping into a bear about 10 feet above his head is aweseome. The resulting fall setting off the enemies set of explosive oil vials was hilariously awesome.

Phaezen

That reminds me of a 2e game where we stopped an army with a flock of birds, plenty of polymorph scrolls and the "white whale" keyword ;)

And yes, it was awesome.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
All editions of D&D that I have played are awesome. And I have it on good authority that even the editions I have yet to play are also awesome.

Only one editon of D&D getting support on DDI/Dragon Magazine? That's not awesome. But being able to connect with other "unofficial" sources of new material online *for free* is awesome enough to make up for it. :cool:

RefinedBean

First Post
Having your entire party "sacrifice" themselves by throwing themselves into the portal leading out of Occipitus in Shackled City, only to have ALL THREE receive the Sign of the Smoking Eye
is super-double-awesome.

Badwrongfun is awesome!
It really is!

And, since I've been prepping a 4E adventure lately...

4E: monster design guidelines are awesome!

3E: guesstimating CR and hoping you won't TPK the party is awesome! Accidentally TPKing the party is also awesome!

pre-3E: just totally guessing at everything and hoping you TPK the party is awesome! Accidentally not TPKing the party is awesome too, I guess. There's always next session...

Remove ads