D&D General D&D Live Play Dimension 20 At Madison Square Garden

Popular D&D livestream at New York's famous Madison Square Garden.

d20-madison.png

Popular Dungeons & Dragons livestream Dimension 20 will be appearing live at New York's famous Madison Square Garden next year.

The one-night-only game will take place on January 24th 2025, and will be called Gauntlet at the Garden. It will feature six of the series' regular cast--Emily Axford, Ally Beardsley, Brian Murphy, Zac Oyama, Siobhan Thompson, and Lou Wilson, with Brendan Lee Mulligan as the GM. Tickets will go on sale this Friday.

Madison Square Garden is a multi-purpose arena in New York and has a capacity of about 20,000 people. Last year, Critical Role played Wembley Arena in London.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
They’ve got about 9 months to promote the heck out of this to get Madison Square gardens at capacity…not that I’m in NY or plan to be there I’d be curious what the ticket price is as I’d go if I was. If the tickets are like Rangers hockey tickets…ouch but I think it’s going to be reasonable.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Critical Role and Dimension 20 are the outliers in a way by now taking their shows on the road. Not Another D&D Podcast, for one, has done whole tours of live shows in the past. (Two of the folks from NADDPOD are in the Unsleeping City cast.) A number of other actual plays, like The Adventure Zone, have done these at least periodically for years now.

And Welcome to Night Vale, which is similar in form, although it's scripted, did tours for years before the pandemic.

There's definitely a big audience out there for this kind of thing.

I suspect they'll have no problem selling out MSG, as Brennan and Dimension 20 have never been bigger.

MadmanMike83

Explorer
Critical Role and Dimension 20 are the outliers in a way by now taking their shows on the road. Not Another D&D Podcast, for one, has done whole tours of live shows in the past. (Two of the folks from NADDPOD are in the Unsleeping City cast.) A number of other actual plays, like The Adventure Zone, have done these at least periodically for years now.

And Welcome to Night Vale, which is similar in form, although it's scripted, did tours for years before the pandemic.

There's definitely a big audience out there for this kind of thing.

I suspect they'll have no problem selling out MSG, as Brennan and Dimension 20 have never been bigger.

ahem....https://www.glasscannonnetwork.com/live-tour

LesserThan

Explorer
This is cool, but I cant imagine going to one of these. I can barely watch on youtube for more than 5min. Thats a me thing, not a them thing.
It is not a you thing. Many people can not stand to watch people play tabletop games. Of the various board game streamers, anything before an introduction to playing a game bored me. When ESPN first aired Magic, it was boring. I can not see why others want to watch peopl play a TRPG either. It is not like boxing when you can place bets. What would the over and under be on a TPK?

You are not alone, and 5 minutes into any of those things on Youtube was all I could take as well. I was able to make it through that Ginny girl running for her parents, just to gauge her playstyle and GM skills. Wasn't much better than I expect.

D&D just is not a spectator sport.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads