D&D General D&D memes thread discussion…

Mad_Jack

Legend
What rules lawyer does that?!

I ran a game for a group of engineers once - while describing a cracked and fragile-looking ice bridge the party was crossing, one of the engineers stopped me, broke out his calculator, and announced that the bridge wouldn't hold the weight of the party... Despite my protests, the entire group decided that they'd all fallen to their deaths and began rolling up new characters... :rolleyes:

And I actually have, on several occasions, pointed out that, by RAW, my character should now be dead. (Of course, I'm contrary enough to actually enjoy having my characters die to obscure rules technicalities, lol.)

Vaalingrade

Legend
The term "megadungeon" is probably not something that would exist in-universe.
"Improbably large murder hole that exists to try and kill the people who actually matter in the world and make zero sense when you tihnk about it." Probably could be constructed as one word in a language like German.

Metagaming is surreptitiously slipping out a mobile phone to Google the answer to a riddle. That happened in one of my games.
It's only fair, considering that's where most riddles come from. Not like most DMs are making up a riddle on their own/know the answer to stock riddles on their own.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Nevermind

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1694793293900.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694793293900.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 61

Tony Vargas

Legend
"I don't know, I didn't expect to get this far"
Funny, but, technically, a 1e magic-user didn't get to pick any spells for reaching 2nd level. At first level, they were randomly determined. At 2nd, nothing.
At 3rd, depending on the DMs reading of the rules, you might get to pick a 2nd level spell. Maybe.

But, mostly, it seems like you were supposed to glean them from scrolls found in your adventures.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
But, mostly, it seems like you were supposed to glean them from scrolls found in your adventures.
Don't forget the spellbooks of dead enemy Magic Users! I got a bunch that way.

Also there was the very rare NPC who was willing to trade/teach spells, or the more common fellow MU you could possibly collaborate with.

Remove ads