D&D General D&D memes thread discussion…

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
People keep saying D&D is dead. But really, it's at 0 hit points, it has five chances to make three death saves, which it gets a +4 bonus to because there's a paladin within 10 feet, and there's a cleric with healing word, spare the dying, and raise dead prepared who is rushing over to help.
Looking at the TTRPG industry as a whole? It's more like the OGL debacle scored a crit, and now D&D is at 9997/9999 hp.

Well when you say it like that, it just looks petty.

"I roll Charisma. How charming and convincing was my character? Did I say something clever? I rolled a 17, I bet I said something clever..."

"Oh no, a riddle! I'll roll Intelligence...woo hoo! Nat twenty! My character totally solved the riddle. What did I win?"
I have encountered That Guy, but it’s not what I would call common.

The more common annoying Kid These Days is the one who doesn’t seem to realize that the answers to their questions are all in the PHB. Not reading between the lines either, it’s pretty clear how Sneak Attack works or what a “skill check” is.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I have encountered That Guy, but it’s not what I would call common.

The more common annoying Kid These Days is the one who doesn’t seem to realize that the answers to their questions are all in the PHB. Not reading between the lines either, it’s pretty clear how Sneak Attack works or what a “skill check” is.

When I finally played instead of DMed for my group, the new 5E players where amazed that I found ways around traps and listened to doors etc etc instead of just rolling skill checks. I was happy to see them learn from it and start to use it themselves even after I went back to DMing.

Though one player is fine with just setting off traps because he's usual high HP character and easy access to healing he knows he can just tank them. Sigh.

Remove ads