D&D General D&D memes thread discussion…

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Ever wonder why Wishes always come in sets of 3?
  • The first wish is for trying to 'hack' reality to gain an unfair, game-breaking advantage for your character.
  • The second wish is for feverishly trying to 'fix' all of the terrible consequences of your first wish.
  • The third wish is for you to wish you'd never been granted any wishes.
Player: I wish my character had the petrifying gaze of a medusa!

DM: You turn into a medusa.

Player: Gaaah! No, that's not what I meant! Ugh, fine. I can fix this.

(confers with other players, drafts up a legal-sounding document, possibly gets it notarized)

Player: Okay. I wish to permanently and completely possess the petrifying gaze ability of a Medusa, as-written in the Monster Manual without any restrictions of any kind, while also retaining my character's original body, and all of my character's abilities, stats, powers, spells, features, equipment, and other mechanics as shown on the attached character sheet. There, read it and weep.

DM: You turn back to normal. But then your shoulder itches, and when you turn your head to see why, you notice that a medusa head has grown out of your left shoulder right next to your original head.

Player: What?! Aw come on man, you know that's not...um hold on, I can still fix this, one sec. For my last wish...

DM: I need a Constitution saving throw first. You started your turn within 30 feet of your new head.

(Three hours of argument later)

Player: Okay! Fine! I give up! For my third wish, I wish that I had never wished for anything! I hope you're happy, you tyrant!

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
1708920369988.png

Player: Okay! Fine! I give up! For my third wish, I wish that I had never wished for anything! I hope you're happy, you tyrant!
Dumping them back at the start of the time loop they've created, which they've been stuck in for longer than the gang in Haruhi Suzumiya's Endless Eight run.

"You really shouldn't have mocked me for being the Forever GM. We'll continue this next week. And I do mean continue."

MarkB

Legend
Dumping them back at the start of the time loop they've created, which they've been stuck in for longer than the gang in Haruhi Suzumiya's Endless Eight run.

"You really shouldn't have mocked me for being the Forever GM. We'll continue this next week. And I do mean continue."
morte.jpg

Morte: "Fine, fine..."
"An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your third wish. What will it be?'"
"'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'"
"'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'"
"'All right,' said the man, "I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to know who I am.'"
"'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'"

Remove ads