D&D Miniatures: First impressions

Bagpuss

Legend
Well I bought a starter, I'm happy with the contents of the starter, although being a pretty good figure painter I'm not too happy with the quality of the figures. But to counter that I don't have to keep them in foam box (I have enough of them full of GW and Foundry figures), worry about them getting scratched or damaged, or spend an evening or six painting them.

Not particularly interested in collecting a set, so I picked up some more on E-bay.

A lizardman set - 2 x LizardFolk, 2 x Kuo-Toa, 2 x Crested Felldrake, 2 x Troglodyte Zombie, for £3.40 so less than 50p each. Since I got one each of these with my starter that means I have 3 of each more than each to pose a challenge to a party.

A human's set - cleric of order, sun soul initiate, elf ranger, human thug, human monk & human executioner, all uncommons, also for £3.40 so pretty good value.

At those sorts of prices I might not buy any direct, since in the secondary market I can see what I'm getting and its a whole lot cheaper.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The one thing that always shied me away from Cardboard Heroes was that annoying Gamer tendency to accidentally bump tables, spill drinks, or turn on the fan over the table. :D

So far, our D&D plastic Mini's (and our old-fashioned lead/pewter ones) have stood those tests.:)

tetsujin28

First Post
Henry said:
The one thing that always shied me away from Cardboard Heroes was that annoying Gamer tendency to accidentally bump tables, spill drinks, or turn on the fan over the table. :D
I always coated them with a layer of cello tape (or even better, the laminating machine @ my old work), and used a penny to weight them.

Remove ads