• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D Minis] No Orc Raiding Party...

Whaaaaaaaa??? ARGH! I love the mini's, and I'm buying the boosters...but...I wanted these! ARGH! Perhaps this is just a way to get people to buy MORE boosters?

Olive

Explorer
That sucks pretty bad. I actually wasn't ging to buy this (mostly cos I can pick up extra ogres pretty easy, and I already have enough orcs) but it was a nice idea at the end of the booster frenzy.

Oni

First Post
Player feedback seems to be a phrase they just pull out when they want to make a change that might be unpopular.

Vrylakos

First Post
Oni said:
Player feedback seems to be a phrase they just pull out when they want to make a change that might be unpopular.
Indeed, that was my thought. I've seen a lot of people get annoyed about the three players they have locked in a room without food and water, who they then ask for feedback (while dangling pizza and mountain dew before them).

Vrylakos

heirodule said:
Clearly the feedback was the relization that in 4 months you'll be able to get orcs 4/$1 on ebay.

Hopefully! That would be nice. I'm not buying these sets as packaged, but have already started buying them individually on the secondary mkt

I was worried they only collected feedback from "players" . I wonder what % of customers for this product line will actually play the mini game as opposed to exclusively using them for there RPG/D&D games

Tewligan

First Post
Vrylakos said:
I'm wondering what 'player feedback' they listened to... Everyone I heard from was excited by the prospect of fixed sets.
"Dear WotC,
I'm very interested in your upcoming line of pre-painted miniatures. However, as a gamer, I do have one suggestion in regard to the packaging. PLEASE make it as difficult as possible for me to collect a cohesive set of miniatures that follows any sort of theme or logical grouping. A game is at it's unpredictable best when the orc stronghold is guarded by an elven archer, a hound archon, and a shambling mound - after all, who uses orcs? Thank you for considering this feedback, and best wishes on the new game!

P.S. - Any chance of a model representing a dwarf from the elemental plane of fire? With all the pre-written adventures that use those, I'm surprised there isn't a figure for it yet."

Remove ads