• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D Minis] No Orc Raiding Party...

Unseelie

First Post
I'll say it again: It's all about the secondary market...

That would make more sense if WotC made any money from the secondary market, but they do not. If that's why they're doing this (and I'm not saying they are), that implies that they want to encourage speculation. Bad move... somewhere down the line the bubble that forms will burst, and generally when this happens its the FLGS that takes it on the chin with unsold stock of the latest expansion.

John Crichton

First Post
Unseelie said:
That would make more sense if WotC made any money from the secondary market, but they do not. If that's why they're doing this (and I'm not saying they are), that implies that they want to encourage speculation. Bad move... somewhere down the line the bubble that forms will burst, and generally when this happens its the FLGS that takes it on the chin with unsold stock of the latest expansion.
The don't directly. But the initial purchase must still be made. Many of those secondary market miniatures are made available by folks with either the specific purpose of reselling or the person who wants to finish their collection and has too many extras that they don't need.

I hope people aren't getting me wrong here (which upon reading my first post is certainly possible. Oops). I am not supporting WotC for cancelling the theme packs. I want to see them, if they are done right. I'd love to be able to add to my hordes without having to worry about randomness. :)

I want this line to do well for more reasons than one. And no, I have certainly no stock in WotC, Hasbro or any of that. These things are pretty cool and something I have been looking for, for years for my games. It also keeps WotC on the positive side of making money which I think is a good thing as they have handled the D&D license better than I ever thought possible. They aren't perfect but they are better than TSR, to me.

Tsyr

Explorer
Oh, I can EASILY see how "Customer Feedback" could be used to cancle the themepacks...

"I don't want to buy many packs (At X dollars each), I want to buy one pack (At X dollars once)!"

See?

It's all about reading between the words.

Remove ads