D&D (2024) D&D Mysteries of the Multiverse Reveal

The last segment of today's D&D Direct presentation featured Chris Perkins and Jeremy Crawford, both D&D game architects. They talked about what adventures to expect the rest of this year, what's coming next year, and beyond, all centered around the D&D Multiverse.

The last segment of today's D&D Direct presentation featured Chris Perkins and Jeremy Crawford, both D&D game architects. They talked about what adventures to expect the rest of this year, what's coming next year, and beyond, all centered around the D&D Multiverse.

Vecna - 1080x1080.png

After a recap of the adventures to date, Perkins and Crawford showed some art from Bigby Presents: The Glory of the Giants, coming this year. Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk will explore the mysterious obelisks that have been appearing in adventures over the last nine years and connects to The Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Planescape 2.PNG
That will be followed by Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse, which will lay groundwork for a major adventure in 2024. Lastly for 2023, they'll delve into the chaos-causing Deck of Many Things, and the story behind the legendary item.

A major D&D villain will be making his return in 2024. Vecna's true cosmic horror will be unleashed in 2024 with a world-hopping adventure that will celebrate D&D's 50 year history and reveals deeper plots for years to come.

DnD_Roadmap - 1080x1080.png

But Vecna is just one-part of D&D's interconnected storytelling. A lot more will be revealed in the next five years. For example, the Red Wizards of Thay will be featured in a 2025 adventure, and Venger from the D&D cartoon will return to be the main antagonist in another future adventure. The League of Malevolence, introduced in The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, will seek power across the multiverse in stories to come.

BigbyPresents_byBrianValeza.jpg

All in all, Crawford and Perkins teased many more adventures to come, some of which will interconnect, building a big story that plays out throughout the D&D Multiverse.

Beth Rimmels

Beth Rimmels

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Hmm, so the Phandelver book doesn't reprint Lost Mines? Or does it?

I'm the weirdo who's mostly interested in the Book of Many Things.

I remain baffled that they can create every possible product for Honor Among Thieves except for one with D&D rules inside of it, to provide the smoothest possible on-ramp from movie-viewer to lifelong game player (and customer). Why weren't they handing out quickplay kits or at least slapping QR codes for them up at every screening? So strange.
Sorry, finally catching up on some threads - but THIS POST should be in its own thread if it isn't already

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I hope in the Phandelver book they give tips on how to create meta plots of your own...
I mean, at the risk of invoking a forumite meme, that's already in the DMG. :p

I would love if Phandelver includes a detailed discussion of how to tie in prior campaign books thst are still on the story shelves, like Storm King's Thunder did.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I mean, at the risk of invoking a forumite meme, that's already in the DMG. :p

I would love if Phandelver includes a detailed discussion of how to tie in prior campaign books thst are still on the story shelves, like Storm King's Thunder did.
As I was typing I was thinking "I should double check the DMG"; and then thought "Nah, it's all the way on the other side of the room, I'm too lazy tired uninspired interested in hearing others' takes to get up and double check - the internet will correct me if I missed it".

And voila!

Remove ads

Remove ads