• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Online To Go Free This Summer

It's finally here...

I don't know if the Atari/Turbine lawsuit was holding things up or not, and I don't care.

DDO Unlimited is currently live (albeit in "Headstart" mode for us VIPs) for a bit.

One unexpected surprise is that they have started a new server CANNITH that is completely new, no character transfers allowed.

So everyone starting on that server will start on the same footing (loot-wise at least).

I am definitely planning on making a new character on that server and experiencing the game again from the beginning.

Is there any interest in starting an ENworld guild on Cannith?
I would love to do something like that, but if I am not mistaken, it hasn't become free for me. ANd I probably wouldn't find the time. Or too much time. Hmm.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I'm enjoying the new module. You still can't subscribe by paying through Paypal, so I just shelled out for a pack of Turbine points and bought myself some content.

If you are thinking of buying content, my top recommendations are: Shavarath, Vale of Twilight, and Gianthold. There's a ton of low-level content that's free, but level 10+ stuff is hard to come by.

Btw, Wulf, I like the idea of an ENWorld guild on Cannith. :)
-blarg

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Btw, Wulf, I like the idea of an ENWorld guild on Cannith. :)
-blarg

Well right now on Cannith I'm levelling up a drow bard-- Elvish Presley.

(I also snagged Wulf Ratbane and Korgoth of Barbaria.)

You can find me on Cannith most weekday evenings around 8:00 EST.

Elvish just made 4th level tonite. Rage and Blur! Getting into fighting trim.

I'm thinking I might go pure bard for that capstone...

Dire Bare

Legend
I'm playing the "unlimited free" version right now and having lots of fun. I've got four character slots per server as I used to be a paid subscriber back in the day.

But, I do have to say, this game is not really "unlimited free". It's only limited free. The advertising is more than a bit misleading, IMO. Without a paid subscription, your characters are limited to 4th level. So, your "free" is unlimited until you level up 2 to 4 characters per server to 4th level. Then you'll have to purchase some Turbine points to continue with your "free". Which, is not actually free anymore.

Now, the actual model I'm okay with and I have no problem ponying up some real money to get some points to buy my way past 4th level and get some other goodies from the DDO store. It's still a pretty cheap way to play a fun MMO.

But the free is quite limited. Don't believe the misleading advertising.

Arivendel

First Post
Im really annoyed, im trying to create an account and i keep getting this "Your application encountered and Error. Please Try Again. Code: x19widjw" and then i cant retry making an account for several hours, anyone has any idea where i have to email about this?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads