D&D 5E D&D pateau-ing?

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Board game and several versions for dnd. It seems there is a similar peak, though muted, for the term board game. Does that mean board games have plateaued too? Maybe. But one thing, board games, as a group, I think, are way way more popular than D&D and this doesn’t reflect that.

View attachment 249859
Board game isn't a particular game, though. You would have to compare TTRPG to boardgame. A good comparison might be Cards Against Humanity. Been out a similar time.

darjr

I crit!
Board game isn't a particular game, though. You would have to compare TTRPG to boardgame. A good comparison might be Cards Against Humanity. Been out a similar time.
No, I think seeing the same inflection for a general term actually hammers the point home. I think. Maybe.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I'm not sure if I agree with the author's analysis as to why however. But it's clear that sooner or later, it had to plateau. Infinite growth is not possible.
I don't agree with this. Human population seems as if it can expand infinitely for all intents and purposes. Technology generally powers that expansion. As long as the population continues to grow there can be more and more new customers.

Well, if the Google search are to be believed...

I'm not sure if I agree with the author's analysis as to why however. But it's clear that sooner or later, it had to plateau. Infinite growth is not possible.
More related to the thread topic. I've been playing around on google trends. Definitely appears we have hit the peak and are trending slightly down.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?cat=8&date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=d&d 5e,dnd 5e,5e,/m/026q9

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I don't agree with this. Human population seems as if it can expand infinitely for all intents and purposes. Technology generally powers that expansion. As long as the population continues to grow there can be more and more new customers.

More related to the thread topic. I've been playing around on google trends. Definitely appears we have hit the peak and are trending slightly down.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?cat=8&date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=d&d 5e,dnd 5e,5e,/m/026q9
Is D&D more popular than coffee?

JEB

Legend
3.5 stars and only 304 reviews. But it’s also in the top 100 out of all books on Amazon US.
3.5 is shockingly low compared to the typical ratings for an official D&D 5E book (a "low" rating used to be 4.7). But it's also only been on sale for a few weeks, things may even out months down the line.

Remove ads