D&D 5E D&D pateau-ing?

darjr

I crit!
It’s the Stranger Things peak?
38F73C49-5DA8-4B16-8CC7-A0469C7A65A1.jpeg

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Now you just get bullied by the nerds for playing D&D wrong.

Some truth to that...you actually have polarization of nerds, something I never thought I'd see back in the 80s. There were the Star Trek/Star Wars disputes but I don't think we ever got really angry over that. I was generally friends with the manga/anime guys even though I wasn't into that stuff.

I do wonder if 'nerd' is less of a low-status identity than it used to be, given the immense success of the tech barons. US society (I will not speak of any others for I do not know) always valued economic success, and when more than half of the 10 richest Americans made their money in computers...

My suggestion is Hasbro hiring pedagogues to say the TTRPGs are potentially an useful educational tool because these can promote the four C's for a right education:
  1. Critical thinking
  2. Creativity
  3. Collaboration
  4. Communication
D&D has got a great future, maybe even better than the MMO "World of Warcraft", that everybody sayings its end would end soon. Even if there is a surfeit of Forgotten Realms, not all eggs are in only one basket. We have got other options: Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Kara-Tur.. and even maybe some day also Gamma World. Other alternate plan is to publish d20 version of famous franchises. Hasbro is very used to licenced games.

And lots of 3PPs are enough confortable publishing a 5Ed version of their own IPs. Even if WotC hadn't got original ideas, the 3PPs are being source a new IPs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases